*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755009-June-16---Glass
Rated: 18+ · Book · Activity · #1873107
These are my entries for Leger's June activity.
#755009 added June 20, 2012 at 4:43pm
Restrictions: None
June 16 - Glass
Forty years after the great disaster, the survivors of Earth began building glass enclosed domes, connected by glass enclosed tunnels. After decades of sealing themselves inside whatever shopping mall or office building remained, they felt it was time to come out into the open world once again. These glass enclosures would bring light to a people of darkness, and yet, they would still offer a way to have the much needed filtered air.

Time passed, and even the glass enclosures proved to be not enough for the steady growing population. The people of Earth longed to run through open fields, and enjoy the natural air. They craved a different way of life. It had finally been determined that this was doable. People went about aggressively beginning the task of creating a new Earth and a new life.

Ten years later, much progress was made in rebuilding the world. Trevor's high school science class decided to revisit one of the last remaining glass enclosures before it would be demolished. Trevor hardly remembered life there. Like many other students in his class, he hadn't been back since he were a very young child.


Image for June 16





© Copyright 2012 Maryann (UN: mhicks at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Maryann has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755009-June-16---Glass