*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755044
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1568380
Hodgepodge of things. Contest entries, short stories, scenes, my newsletters and other ...
#755044 added June 17, 2012 at 1:52am
Restrictions: None
June 16 - Glass
Glass. I like that glass tunnel. It makes me want to walk through it.
It reminds me of the zoo in New Orleans. There isn't any tunnel like it, but the lush tropical greenery often made the light appear just like it is in this image. My first reaction upon seeing the image was to say out loud that I wanted to walk through it and to think inside that it reminded me of a woman I used to go to the zoo with.
We never became super close friends, but we went there together a few times with our young children. Her daughter was almost the exact same age as my son. Running after our toddlers and chatting away. She used to have clouds around her eyebrows. Her and the child's father were going through a long, drawn-out divorce and she lost both her parents only a couple of days apart during that time too. Last time I saw her, she had met a nice new partner who appeared to be just stunned to be with her. That was a few years ago too now, but I think they both have to be doing well with each other.
Mimi is her name. She makes a living writing articles for magazines. Funny, when I knew her, I would have never thought of myself as a writer, yet, here I am.


© Copyright 2012 Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT (UN: annette at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Aennaytte: Free & Wild in GoT has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/755044