*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756137-Rooms-books-and-the-animal---man
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#756137 added July 8, 2012 at 4:39am
Restrictions: None
Rooms, books, and the animal - man.

Man has his cravings; he craves to fill his stomach, he has cravings we will not dwell upon in the company of the young, he craves to sleep, company, and solitude.

Above all this - he craves to occupy his mind with things which seem to have no value - the products from the world of the Muses.

The man is at the top of the food chain, or the bottom of the superior being chain.

Will we truly ever know ?


Man has proved himself as the top predator, as a killer he is unsurpassed.

His guile sets him above all the power a tiger, the charge of the lion, the size of the elephant, and anything else is his by demand and decree.


Yet, he can turn into a sibling, crying for his comfort, craving his company, needing to feed his soul in strange ways.

The feed turns up in many ways.

Some feeds his body, his ego, his soul.


It makes no sense that the food supplied by the Muses, are what sets man above the animal.

It is the only proof which we can set on the table, which proves our being a bit more than a baboon's uncle. Okay, monkey's uncle then, if you insist.


Books are my craving.

Lately I have acquired a few more books, and added them to my hoard. (library)

*
Muse Domain Emblem

Calliope Epic poetry Writing tablet
Clio History Scrolls
Erato Love poetry Cithara (an ancient Greek musical instrument in the lyre family)
Euterpe Song and Elegiac poetry Aulos (an ancient Greek musical instrument like a flute)
Melpomene Tragedy Tragic mask
Polyhymnia Hymns Veil
Terpsichore Dance Lyre
Thalia Comedy Comic mask
Urania Astronomy Globe and compass


*(Wiki)

Those exclude the world of pure knowledge, and we could argue in Greek, Roman, and many different sages and ages.

The craving of a room of one's own, is the making of man.

Here I must say, the phrase has been coined by a woman - A room of one's own. by Virginia Woolf, and I must agree, that is the start of civilization.

The room can be anything, my first room was a cardboard box.

Later years it has grown, and now it is two rooms, rooms of my own.

A civil person owns.

Only by owning can you give.

Somewhere, there is a glitch.


© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/756137-Rooms-books-and-the-animal---man