*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758649-I-told-you-so-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#758649 added August 16, 2012 at 5:15am
Restrictions: None
I told you so ...

He was 72 years old, he got into his car, then he left.

This is how the story ended.

He told them it was his savings for his old age, when the time would come, and the need was at its highest, then, and only then, would he turn his life's saving in, and collect the cash.

This is how he saw all the rubbish he hoarded, the pieces of 'rubbish' as others would call it.

The old car parts - any idea how much the fender would fetch from the car collector who needed a model x part ? A small fortune he told them.

All those old generators, alternators, fridges, stoves, and other household appliances, were a goldmine of various metals.

Once stripped down into the original parts, sorted metal with metal, a piggy bank worth having.

Many times they told him to move the trove, that the time was ripe, and the price would not get any better.

He disagreed and kept on adding more and more, the time was still not ready.

Behind his back they shook their heads, mocked him when he did not see them, called him all kinds of uncomplimentary names, and doubted his sanity.

This is the way of the world, when people grow older and hang on to theirs, and the following generation start to make plans to clean up behind the old, and turn the world into their idea.

Then the day came and he was away for a while. They took the trove to the dealers. The notes rolled in as the scrap moved out.

Why did they do it, what did they expect ?

He came back, he looked at the situation ...

He was 72 years old, he got in his car, then he left.


There is a time and a place for everything.

It is one of the greatest arts of life, to know when is the correct time and the right place.


On hearing this tale, I took stock of mine, then took the plunge. Why wait, there may be no tomorrow.

Even if there is a tomorrow, today is a good day, tomorrow I will sit in the sun, count my pennies, that should be fun.

And when tomorrow is no more - the word will be " We could have gotten so much more ... "

Then I'll smile, and I will think 'I told you so ....

and tell the story to the worms or angels, or who ever will be around, till eternity, about the day they remembered the words;


'I told you so'




To be cont ~


© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758649-I-told-you-so-