*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758703
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1879766
Starting to blog again--an attempt to organize my daily routine
#758703 added August 16, 2012 at 3:55am
Restrictions: None
Sleep, Wonderful Sleep, Until....
I can't seem to get enough sleep. I can sleep away days and nights, just like they never happened.
I went to bed during a pleasant sounding thunderstorm last night. I was wakened from a sound sleep twice during the night. The pup figured out how to climb into the bed via the headboard. He took a flying leap, and landed in the middle of my face--twice in one night. He's better than any alarm clock I've ever had, for getting me awake and up out of bed. Needless to say, I didn't get out of bed and play with him. I don't think I went back to sleep good until daylight. His damn timing cound be better. I lost enough sleeping because of his shenanigans that I stayed in bed all day, sleeping. My girlfriend called me six times because we were going shopping. I couldn't respond. I just laid in bed, and slept a lot.

Puppyhood is not ending up being fun for this Mommy. Anything that was on the floor, including shelves and cabinets up to waist high--he has rearranged. There are all different sizes of pieces of my life scattered all over the house. Small papers, plastic things, shoes, pens, previous writing (!) that I may not get back into reading form. I'm having trouble with unconditional love. I loved his predecessor. I love all my pets. I'm just anxious for the Lab pup to get older--wishing both our lives away, I guess.

I woke up with one of my worst back pains. It hurts to bend over. The important stuff has fallen into the general house junk that's accumulated on the floor. This is such a big job to get the house back together. The pup is three months old, and he's been with me and the other dog and cats about a month now. The Mama Kitty was smart. She started slapping the crap out of him from the beginning. She never used her claws on him, but he respects her wishes now. Me, notso much. This pup has a constant smile on his face, and when I try to correct him, his face shows his understanding. I'm not much of a disciplinarian. I do better with students. Johnny is still working on comprehending "no." He knows what it means, but he also knows he doesn't always get a treat when I call him a good boy. Puppyhood is trying. At 57, I think this may be my last puppy, unless I have a roommate to help.

I just wander around my house saying explitive deletives under my breath. If I go back to sleep, I don't have to look at the mess. Sleep is my only escape right now. I went to bed with two red hairy slippers on my feet, so he wouldn't bite my toes while I was trying to sleep. He took them off of me. I found one in the lving room, and one in the bed. Gosh, this stuff makes me exhausted before I even get started.

As we speak, the little monster is playing like an angel, sleeping next to me on the floor. It's not hard to love him when he's sleeping. Maybe that goes for people too.

I think I would like to run away from home. I know this will get better with time, because he does behave when he's supervised. But when I go to sleep, he slips into supermaddog mode, and starts investigating. He's found lots of things I considered lost, but he's losing important stuff too. The problem is that the important stuff, papers and such, are all mixed in with the past few days' refuse he's collected from all over the house. I'm going to have to wear glasses to distinguish what's what, and spend considerable time on the floor. That makes it even a more difficult task.

The entryway has a layer of potting soil on it. I swept up one area where he tore into the bag, but he's working on the other side of the bag. If I just had enough strength and energy to move that bag I could prevent future dirt. He's just a very curious and mischievious puppy, and with God's strength, I can get to the other side of puppyhood. I just hope it comes soon. Pray for world peace and wiley dogs!

Sunflower seeking rain
© Copyright 2012 a Sunflower in Texas (UN: patrice at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
a Sunflower in Texas has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758703