*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758781-Affair
by RatDog
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #274453
A Journal of my adventures in the world I inhabit while I'm asleep.
#758781 added August 17, 2012 at 12:41am
Restrictions: None
Affair
I've felt terrible about this ever since it started. It's been nagging at me, ruining my sleep, making it hard to concentrate at work. I finally decided that today is the day I'm going to have to tell my wife. I drive home dreading the encounter. I walk in the door and she's sitting on the couch. She greets me and I tell her we have to talk...

"Annie... I'm having an affair," I tell her.

The hurt look in her eyes pierces my soul. I start to turn away, unable to face her, but suddenly the look on her face transforms to an icy cold glare.

"That's fine with me Steve, I'm not interested in having sex with you anymore anyway. As long as you pay the bills and keep up with what needs to be done around the house, you can do what you want with your free time."

Her response stops me cold. I was expecting a fight where I would have to justify my reasons for cheating on her, and most likely discuss terms for a divorce. I'm at a loss, I don't know what to say.

And then I wake up.

© Copyright 2012 RatDog (UN: cyam_01 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RatDog has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758781-Affair