*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758853-My-Summer-2012
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#758853 added August 18, 2012 at 9:28am
Restrictions: None
My Summer 2012
It started out as a hot summer and little rain. My flowers didn't want to grow. We got rain and cooler weather and my flowers were growing. Last week, something had ate them. I have seven planters and two of my flower plants had already died six weeks ago. I saw a beautiful deer the other morningt when I come home from work. He or she has been eating my plants. I love animals and if the deer wants to eat my plants, I am not upset. It is August and my flowers are done by October. I was surprised to see a deer close to our house. We live in the country surrounded by fields and we have one neighbor next across a field next to us. Anyway, I never saw a deer in the front yard before.

My Scrapbook of family memories won a Grand Champion purple ribbon. Yes! This is the third year I entered and I finally did it. I used less embellishments and used a scrapbooking kit. I put pictures of my family in it. I am so happy that I finally got Grand Champion. Next year I will enter my album with my cat pictures in it.

My mother and I went to Lake Michigan to the Dunes. I love to go to Lake Michigan. You would think that it is an ocean. It is so pretty and blue. I love how the waves come in. I wish my husband and I had a house there.

My husband and I went to a Steam Show. This is where they have old antique tractors, combines, thrashing machines and cars. I go for the flea markets. I also like to look at quilts that they have. I bought a Gone With The Wind Book. As we all know, it is one of the best selling books and movies of all times.

I went shopping a lot this summer. I was hoping that I would win the Guideposts Writing Contest that I entered. It is a trip to Port Orchard, Washington for a five day writing retreat, writing inspirational stories.Debbie Macomber was going to be there. I love her books. I haven't got a letter about it and they were going to announce the winners mid August. I really wanted to win. I was going to Forks, Washington while I was there. I was hoping to see Bella, Edward, the Cuellen family and wolf pack whlie I was there. Like that could happen! Maybe someday, I will get there.

I don't do a lot in summer. Today, I am going to a vintage fashion show featuring Jack The Ripper, Scarlett O'Hara and we there is a live elephant for the circus they are having. It will top off my summer.

I don't look forward to winter but maybe it will be a mild winter like last year. Here's hoping you had a good summer.

** Image ID #1847762 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1876509 Unavailable **




© Copyright 2012 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/758853-My-Summer-2012