*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760242-WORMS-and-other-people
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#760242 added September 8, 2012 at 5:30am
Restrictions: None
WORMS and other people.

And there I was, gone for 10 days ...

Did anyone notice, apparently - yes. Now it is good to know. (I did give notice, really, I did.)

The earth has many types of people on it.

Sharing this earth, are the 'non-people', 'non-people' are people who do not behave themselves as people should.

How are people supposed to behave ?

Nice, reasonable, happy, friendly, and/or neutral ?

Under certain conditions, mankind is impressed with aggression, anger, and other related forms of action.

In war and sport it is acceptable to allow the adrenaline to flow freely, even in business it is allowed.

Then the milk of human kindness does not flow, and people are happy with it.

We are a strange bunch at times.


I have spent the last 10 days sorting out the mess my 'people' (worms) have left me.

I own a hobby farm (small holding, plot) which I want to sell as I do not live on it anymore.

Easier said than done.

For the umpteenth time, the tenants have left under a dark cloud.

The place needs cleaning as the one house was used as a chicken farm.

The other house has not seen a pail of cleaning fluid in a long time, and is in need of a few coats of paint.

The grounds will keep a workforce busy for a while and the general condition is rather sad.

Weeds, wild trees, rocks, and plain old rubbish, all over.


And then there is the question of the road which was closed off ...

My neighbor decided to close my access road, and make a new one.

Any one who knows about roads, know this is fighting talk.

I am busy with a fight, and the worms I have met in this battle, it is quite a long story.

Rather boring in detail - he said; she said; the system is slower than slow; and most do not care much or nothing.

The law states - in the words of Dickens et al - 'The law is an ass'

It is not the law which is an ass, it is the people who apply it, sometimes, and at this moment, worms come to mind.

Worms are creatures who will turn, or change into another form, worms can be used to fish with.

The end is not in sight yet, when all the ducks will be in a row, when the last shot will be fired in this battle, and the money is in the bank, only time will tell.


One good thing about this situation, we are seeing many people who used to share a previous period of our life.

Family, friends, children of people we knew once - all grown up, and old enemies, even a few new ones, these we all meet.

Reminds me of 'Fiddler on the Roof' (the movie) 1971 :
Villager: An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth.
Tevye: Very good. That way the whole world will be blind and toothless.


Another good thing (so I am told) is that I am spending much less time on the computer ...

I would care to to show them the error of their thoughts, still, there is some truth in it.

I have visited a few places which adds positively to my life.

Then, do I need more baggage, more books (bought a few again) ?

The Pocket Book of Quotations - D. Davidoff 1942
The Last f the Incas - E. Hyams & G Ordish 1963

We are spending money (always a favorite of the wife's) and adding to the already big mountain of hoard (treasures).

The ex-tenants left a container of odds and ends behind, which has mainly books in it. (Finders, Keepers; I say !)


The first quote on opening the Quote book:

Let us eat and drink; for tomorrow we shall die.
- Old Testament, Isaiah, XXII,13


Till next time - go well.



© Copyright 2012 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/760242-WORMS-and-other-people