*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761051-Not-an-If-stmtBut-still-a-little-bit-about-self-discovery
Rated: 13+ · Book · Writing · #324362
a fun journal for breaking through writers block
#761051 added September 18, 2012 at 10:07pm
Restrictions: None
Not an If stmt...But still a little bit about self discovery
English
Poem



Miracles Are Everywhere--
by Debra Mckinsey


I am a believer of miracles.

The existance of life is a miracle.

The power of love is a miracle.

The intelligent, imaginative, probing mind is a miracle.

The existance of time and eternity is a miracle.

I live in the wonder of miracles.

recopied from my assignment--written as it was originally without the red correction marks. I got a B+.

I wrote this when I was 13 years-old and in seventhth grade. This was written from my heart and it repeats concepts of what a miracle is from the mouths of the adults I had admired as I grew up. This was written before the abuse by my father; which, for a long time in my life, had stripped away any belief that miracles could exist in this world. I happened to find this sometime in 1990 when I was going through old school things and when I was also confronting the horrors of my past.

Then after I had found Stories.com, I posted this poem in my portfolio and received several reviews, one of which made me think about the before and after; the innocent and the ashamed; and the struggle I've had trying to understand my past and reconcile my life before and after the abuse.

Review By: Autumnterm
Date and Time: 01-27-05 @ 4:59am
Public/Private: Private
Reviewer's Rating: 4.5
Review Length: 251 Characters | 251 w/o WritingML

Wow! 13 when you wrote this? What must you be like now? I cannot wait to come to your port and make that discovery.

Excellent piece of writing here from an obviously excellent and well journed Soul too!

Love and Light to you and all you do.


What I focused on in Autumnterm 's review was...What must you be like now?...and at that time I couldn't respond. I was still disconnected from the child/young teen who had written that simple little poem about what a miracle is. You see that part of me had died when I was fifteen-and-a-half; her father, my father had started molesting her/me and the girl who wrote that poem no longer existed. In fact, I was still struggling to answer the question--Who am I?

The poem as it appears today in my "Poems Journal, entry #1:"Miracles Are Everywhere--1967



© Copyright 2012 DyrHearte writes (UN: dyrhearte at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
DyrHearte writes has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761051-Not-an-If-stmtBut-still-a-little-bit-about-self-discovery