*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761462-Same-Old-Resident
Rated: 18+ · Book · Opinion · #956430
Here I am!
#761462 added September 25, 2012 at 7:02pm
Restrictions: None
Same Old Resident
I judge a good action movie on different standards than regular feel-good movies. Believability? Out the window. Plot? Pointless. The only things that really matter in an action movie is...well the action. What else?

I've been a fan of Resident Evil ever since I watched the first zombie savagely attack the legendary S.T.A.R.S. team in the first video game. The first four movies were a mixed bag of fan service a random new shit that often fell a little flat.

But I think the director finally got things right. Here's my review of Resident Evil Retribution.

The coherence of the movie was well done. Since this was the fifth film, it was neccessary that there was some history given at the beginning of the movie. Even the objectives of Alice and her allies were clearly stated, and they stayed on task. No one did anything particularly stupid, which is what makes most movie goers like me groan and scream for their money back.

The fight scenes were well done, as usual. Milla Jovavich is an old pro in action movies at this point, but I was surprised to see Sienna Guillory(Jill Valentine) give her a run for her money. The monsters were well-rendered.The graphics have definitely come a long way since the first Resident Evil movie.

Now for the mediocre parts of the movie. The entire film felt like an around the world rehash of the first five movies, complete with old faces. I just wish they introduced new monsters that were unexpected. The zombie russians were a nice touch, but if you've seen one zombie, you've seen them all. I also didn't like the fact that certain people were introduced in this movie just to be killed off. That definitely made my inner fan girl weep a little.

If you've seen one Resident Evil movie, you've seen them all at this point. If you're a fan, it's worth the moneyto see it in 3-D like I did. If not, wait a few months for the Blu-Ray version.

I give this movie a 75%. At this point, I need something groundbreaking in this series to keep me interested.

© Copyright 2012 EyeSingOnTheCake (UN: mayasclaw at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
EyeSingOnTheCake has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/761462-Same-Old-Resident