*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762393-Protagonist-Background-Story
Rated: 18+ · Book · Fantasy · #1894959
This is the book that contains all of my assignments for the October NaNo Prep Challenge.
#762393 added October 8, 2012 at 11:14pm
Restrictions: None
Protagonist Background Story
Tyler opened the wooden door and walked inside the sparsely furnished bedroom. His boots clomped on the floor as he walked over to the chair by the nightstand. He sat down and pulled the drawer out.

The cowboy lifted the leather bound book and placed in his lap. He turned the pages and began to read them.

August 2, 1835

I woke up today just as any other day to the danm ole rooster crowin'. Cynthia was laying down beside me. I gently touched her, so she could get breakfast ready for all of us. We've got to start getting some of the crops in to sell in town.


Tyler flipped the page over.

August 2, 1835

A fire came out of nowhere and burned the barn! My family just disappeared in the flames. It was the strangest thang...... Now, I'm all alone except for my wife and a few relatives who don't live around here........... We have to start all over again......... Maybe we'll have some strong sons one day.


He placed the book down on the nightstand. Why didn't Pa ever tell me about this? All he ever said is that they left, and that he never heard from them again.

© Copyright 2012 very thankful (UN: sisterofmercy at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
very thankful has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/762393-Protagonist-Background-Story