*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764371-Quick-Blurb--The-Wait
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#764371 added October 29, 2012 at 8:15pm
Restrictions: None
Quick Blurb: The Wait
We sat together in the waiting room together. I held her hand and glanced around. There were magazines placed on the numerous stands scattered among the chairs. They remained untouched, as all the women sat there looking as nervous as she did. Some of them were fortunate and had someone by their side, offering the same kind of support and encouragement I was. Others were there by themselves, and I wondered what kind of hell they must be going through without anyone to share it with. I understood now why she asked me, a mere friend, to come with her. I quietly cursed her ex for abandoning her during this time of need. The door leading to the examination rooms swung and everyone in the magazine-strewn lounge turned to face the woman in a white lab coat who filled the opening.


JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764371-Quick-Blurb--The-Wait