*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764805-Writing-Quickie--Watching-the-Cook
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#764805 added November 3, 2012 at 10:18am
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Watching the Cook
I opened the bathroom door after my shower and immediately smelled garlic. I breathed the aroma in deeply as I made my way to the kitchen. Kevin was standing in front of the stove in his adorable pink plaid apron. He was holding a small dish of chopped onions and was about to dump its contents into the sauce pan in front him. I came up behind him and slipped my arms around his waist. He turned his head just enough to smile at me before upturning the container. The smell of the onions joined that of the garlic as they too began to sauté. I glanced at the counter to take stock of his prepared ingredients. I surmised he was making our favorite marinara sauce. I nuzzled his neck with my nose and continued to watch him work.


JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/764805-Writing-Quickie--Watching-the-Cook