*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765186-Nov-7th
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
#765186 added November 7, 2012 at 10:57am
Restrictions: None
Nov 7th
How fast time has flown. I went to Chicago for a trade show and had a great time. At first the show was slow as it started on a Sunday. I met my booth neighbors and we had some fun times. The booth across from me sold the twist off caps for wine and beverage bottles. They had these great looking black and burgundy wine bottles I saw them handing out along with some silver boxes. By Tues (day 3) I found that they were umbrellas inside a plastic bottle. The area where the neck flairs to the bottle twists off and you pull on the neck and out pops an umbrella. They were so nice and gave me two. One for me and one for my daughter. Paul looked at me and said, "Where is mine?" I went and asked and they were gracious to give me another one. I don't drink wine or alcoholic beverages and my company would not purport that look either but they sure are cute.


Paul left for MD on Wed morning after his flight was cancelled twice due to SANDY Tues night Lani drove in from MN to spend the rest of the week with me. We had a ball. We went to the PURPLE PIG restaurant and it was fun to try so many new things, We had creamed fetta with finely chopped cucumber piled on top of it. There was toasted thick slices of bread to put it on. We tasted deep fried green olives stuffed with Chorizo sausage on a little creamed dip. That was very yummy even Lani like it. She doesn't like green olives much. Then we tried shaved brussel sprouts mixed with two cheeses, a provolone and parmigiano or something. It was so good. It wasn't strong as was almost like a coleslaw but better. Dessert was similar to a beignet with a Bavarian style cream inside. Sat (lani's 39th Birthday)we had a Japanese take on a Korean BBQ. You cook the meat on a grill set into your table. for dessert they gave us 2 graham crackers, two rectangles of chocolate with a marshmallow to grill and smush on the chocolate and crackers. It hit the spot.


Lani and I toured Soldier Field Sat morning. It is the largest war memorial in sq ft. They literally tore down the middle of the original stand and field and built the new one inside the ring higher and better. The original memorial and building remains. It is a great place to see even if it does house the BEARS. When we got to the visitors locker room the guide (a die hard Bears fan and employee) said "You notice the jersey and helmets of opposing QB on display. To be the best you must win the best. These are the QB of the teams we beat to be the best. Here are a few, Tarkenton (Vikings) Namath (Jets) Marino (dolphins) Butkus (Bears) and others I don't remember. We shopped and toured and were tired when Lani left me at the Midway Airport on Sunday to come home. Now you see why I haven't kept up on my Nano. Here I am writing in the journal and not Nano. back to work I go....
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765186-Nov-7th