*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765322-Whats-Next-ch-23
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Book · Fantasy · #1901279
My 2012 NaNoWriMo project
#765322 added March 17, 2013 at 2:33am
Restrictions: None
What's Next? (ch 23)



 Invalid Item 
This item number is not valid.
#1922251 by Not Available.






Chapter Twenty-Three


What's Next?


         “Matilda,” Bob explains, “ Will you watch the kids? I have a business meeting in Washington. His voice was different than I had ever heard him. He was distant as if he were empty of any emotion.


         “Bob, Are you all right?” I asked the question knowing that there was something desperately wrong.


         “No, Matilda. I am seeing a divorce attorney in town next week.” I could hear his voice break.


         “Do you need me to go talk to her?”


         “No, I have had people to go talk to her. She has chosen to live without us. The sad thing is that the children are asking for answers to why their mother has left. I don't know what to say. I don't know my self.”


         “I am sure that she will be back.”


         “No,” Big Bob is not in tears. “She has been gone over a month again. If it was that she found  another man, I would have an idea of how to begin to fight for her affection. I know that she has wanted to make John proud of her. Now I guess that she has what she has needed, and that fulfills her life now.”


         “Bob.......” I began, but her cut me off.


         “Matilda, you have always done my family right. I want you to know that I thank you for being there for all of us. I consider you family no matter what happens.” He gives me a hug.


         I am nearly in tears when Bob left. I had never thought that were anything that could bring this big man down. His six foot seven inch stature looked much smaller under the weight of loosing his wife of thirteen years. Now he looks defeated. I knew that he would not let go of their children, but he had to find a way to cope with Rose to raise happy healthy children.


         Rose was weeding the flower garden when she was startled by someone talking to her. “Hello,” It was Timothy standing behind her with some papers. “I was asked to bring these papers to you.”


         Rose removes her gardening gloves. She opens the envelope. It was divorce papers. She looks at Timothy, “What is the meaning of this?”


         “Rose,” He began. “I have come many times to ask you to contact your family. Now Bob has come to the conclusion that you are not coming back. He has chosen a small place for him and the children to live closer to his work.”


         A tear comes to my sister's eyes. “If that is what he wants,” she snapped as she put the papers against the wall to sign them. “That is what he can have. He should understand that my dad needs me. He doesn't have anyone to help him.” She slops her signature onto the paper. Then she hands it to Timothy.


         “Rose, don't you need to think about it. You are giving up your family, your children, and your life. He will keep the children.” He reminds her.


         “I know!” She growls. “Do you think that Mom and the rest would allow me to bring them here to live? They would be better off with their father.”


         Timothy did not have an answer for what she stated. He only wished that she could be happy. He loved her, but he never wanted his generosity to be the falling of her family. If he had not bought the house for her, maybe she would never came to live her. He knew that she had been there before his help, but it still didn't stop how she felt.


         Timothy gave Rose a hug. He drove back up the hill feeling a confusing in his heart. He hurt that Rose was loosing so much. He didn't want the woman that he loved to be going through this kind of pain. He was also feeling that this may give him the space to show her that he loved her. He drove the couple miles to the main road. He hated the job of taking the papers back to Bob. What would he tell him? What would all this mean?


         Rose went back to tending the flowers as if nothing had happened. She humming as pulling weeds. The house and Dad had become all that she needed, and anything that happened outside of this property was not important to her.


         Timothy knocks on the door. Finally Bob comes to the door. “Come in,” Timothy welcomes the invitation. He sits at the table with Bob. He slides the papers across the wooden surface of the table. Bob stares at them. He knew what was in them. He was sure that Rose had chosen a different path than her family. “What did she say?” Bob asked.


         Timothy did not want the words of Rose to cut the already injured husband through his broken heart. “She said that this was probably the best.” Timothy said. “She said that the kids would not be permitted to live with her where she was.”


         “Timothy, could you check on her from time to time.” Bob asked as he ran his fingers over the envelope tracing the well written name of his soon to be ex-wife.


         “Of, course.” He reassured Bob. “I have all ready replaced Rose at work, but I will check on her from time to time.” Timothy looks up past Bob to see Rose's daughter. “What's your name?”


         The girl walks over to Bob and puts her arms around her father. “My name is Sarah.” She looks at her dad. “Is everything all right?”


         Bob answers with the best fake smile that he could quickly paste on his face. “Yea, Tim just went to see your mother, and was telling me how she was doing.”


         This child could not be older than thirteen, but she was very polite. “Timothy, would you like a glass of cola?”


         “No, sweetie, I am on my way home.” He looks at Bob. “I will talk to you anytime you need to.” Then shook hands with both Bob and Sarah.


         Driving Timothy kept trying to bring up where he had heard the name. Sarah, is a popular name. “I probably read it somewhere.”


         Timothy went home feeling both quilt and hopeful at the same time. Wondering what is next for this family, and if he has a chance to be part of it?












My words are ways to leave peices of myself behind for my children.
MY KIDS BE THE JUDGE  (ASR)
First contest I have ever done
#1554932 by Ida_Matilda_Wright Help
** Image ID #1373893 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1537314 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1358605 Unavailable **
SURVEY
Open Door To Grace Prayer Hot Line  (E)
Do you want prayer? Ask for it here! All requests are confidential.
#1372909 by Marvelous Friend
** Image ID #1373983 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1373893 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #1333076 Unavailable ** ** Image ID #597847 Unavailable ** The Angel Outreach Program - Click me to find out more!SP Group Signature


© Copyright 2013 Ida_Matilda_Wright Help (UN: writing_life at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Ida_Matilda_Wright Help has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/765322-Whats-Next-ch-23