*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766832-Thoughts-on-the-novel
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#766832 added November 25, 2012 at 10:32pm
Restrictions: None
Thoughts on the novel.
I haven't done a Writing Quickie for today, and I don't think I'm going to. The good news, however, is that I've continued on with "A Change of Mind [GC] today. I started a new chapter, "Second Date With Nate, and am already over 1,600 words into it. I also added a new dimension to Curt's life, his enabling of Tina, who has a bit of a drinking problem and tends to rely on him a bit too much without giving back. And of course, he's reviewing his date with Nate with his friends. I also have plans on moving forward with the story arc with him supervising scenery and props artwork for the church pageant. I actually have a lot of ideas for this story and suspect I may have to cut a few of them as part of the editing process. Wouldn't that be a nice problem to have? To have too much and disjointed material that needs to be pruned out?

I actually stopped when I still had plenty of writing ideas and steam tonight. I've actually made a conscious decision to do that from now on. I think it's often detrimental when I write until I can't think of anything more to write. I think it mentally exhausts me and leaves me feeling like I won't be able to continue. In contrast, I've been finding that if I stop while I'm still at a high point, I find that I want to keep writing and start anticipating the next writing session. I think that's an awesome place to be in.

JarredH

Our tears remind us that we're alive. Our laughter reminds us why.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/766832-Thoughts-on-the-novel