*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767283-Updates--Review-Update-Image-Scaling
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#767283 added November 30, 2012 at 12:49am
Restrictions: None
Updates: Review Update, Image Scaling...
Greetings Folks!

Many of you have noticed some updates around WDC. (If you follow my notebook updates, you've seen a few of them there.) Here's some info on the visible and not so visible "new stuff"!

We updated the review area of items a few days ago to put more of a focus on the review side of things. It also needed a fresh look after having been essentially the same for over a decade. And after gathering a bunch of feedback, the new floating Review this item tab starts just below the item header area and then floats up to the top of the screen. Yesterday, we added to this is a new window icon () which launches the review tool pop-up, all ready to review the current item.

And, while we're working on some other bigger changes related to images, I tossed in a few other minor but excitingly useful updates. Least interesting is that the "Edit" screen for Image Items now shows you the image you're editing (and its dimensions) in the area where you can upload a new one. This is a big convenience factor update for those who work on images often.

The addition of image scaling to the WritingML image tag is a useful update. You can now scale an image item like this: {image:######-NN%} where the NN is a scaling factor percentage, from 1 to 100. Here's a side by side example of an image and then two scaled counterparts...

{image:1434340} *Right* {image:1434340-63%} *Right* {image:1434340-35%}

Our cat Ben. (Photo copied from SMs's portfolio.) *Right* Our cat Ben. (Photo copied from SMs's portfolio.) *Right* Our cat Ben. (Photo copied from SMs's portfolio.)


It even works with animated images...
Smilely image... *Right* Smilely image... *Right* Smilely image... *Right* Smilely image...


And, yes! The documentation on scaling has been added to the WritingML help system: WritingML Help




That's all for now, but there's more to come!

Cool smiley ... Write on,
~~SM

© Copyright 2012 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767283-Updates--Review-Update-Image-Scaling