*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767580-Dec-4
Rated: 18+ · Book · Experience · #1569450
6.8.09 I will Blog
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#767580 added December 4, 2012 at 10:45am
Restrictions: None
Dec 4
I have spent the last two months traveling. I loved it but it sure puts a strain on Christmas commitments. I didn't do the decorations for Christmas on the Campgrounds, other than help for two Saturdays. I was twice in Chicago, once in KY and now twice in Orlando.


I hate roller coasters. I went to Universal Studios and got on the Return of the MUMMY thinking it would be like Shrek, Spiderman or Despicable ME rides. No, it started nice but then it backed up and up we went. I closed my eyes the entire time and scrunched into a ball the best I could. At one point I turned to the boy next to me and said does this go outside? I had seen a huge, SCARY Roller coaster ride just out back of this ride, I thought it might start here and go there, I was terrified it was so. No, he said it is just inside. I have no idea what was displayed in that ride, I never opened my eyes until we slowed down. The Harry Potter ride was amazing with holographs and Diagon Alley was an amazing replica of the movie set. I had Butter Beer. It really was just a butterscotch flavored icee with some kind of cream froth on top, Too sweet for me but cold and good. I bought one of the triangle boxes with the chocolate frog (that kept jumping out) and some other jumping chocolate frog. Also a Harry Potter Hat for my Son and a couple of mugs.





*Books2*The month of November is over but not the hectic whirlwind of life. I completed my 50K and accomplished a lot on the layout of the story. I am pleased with my progress, but I need to finish the story.


Last year I wrote a novel a paranormal thriller. When I got done a friend read it and pointed out a number of things that just didn't work. I totally agreed. I had a girl who could see the spiritual entities that both protect and try to destroy our world. Something she has hidden most of her life or ignored. There were two men who were in opposite end of the world but were connected by a single father. One raised Muslim and had every choice taken from him by a father that used him as a pawn. The story starts with him living in Seattle as a member of a local cell. The other man was the product of a one relationship of the same father while he was in school in the states. This boy wants everything the first boy had, not realizing it came with a price. Neither had a relationship with the father. Boy 2 has chosen to become a Muslim and follow all their religious and social laws, beliefs and idealisms. Boy 1 just wanted a Father to love him, be proud of him and take him into his business. That didn't happen.


I added a caveat of Boy 1, whose hatred of all non Muslim and especially christian people had a christian neighbor, This neighbor and wife quietly lived their life loving and giving, and some boy1's family seem to gravitate to this couple. That catalyst was Boy 1 is a cab driver and sees 4 men that passed through his house arrive at the Airport at a time when international travelers were arriving for a World Conference. He sees that they are intent to do harm because of their actions and he knows them. He also sees his two neighbors arriving at the airport to start a trip to visit their daughter. Boy2 is a policeman at the airport (his religion and choices are kept quiet) Boy 1 must make a decision. In the original writing Boy 1 just goes and tries to tell the police what he knows is going to happen and they haul him in for questioning and the rest of the story where the girl sees all this spiritual battle going on whenever this evil suitcase appears...blah blah. I am going to cut all that.


I am going to have boy1, boy2, the father (shows up at the end for the conference) The police chief (who was in the gulf war and married a former Muslim woman) As well at the neighbor couple. This is no longer about the situation, this will be about Gods plan to enlighten everyone about his love and desire for them to make it to heaven. It will be about Satan's desire to control people and see they do not and take as many with them as they can. It is about forgiveness when a man kills but gets away because of diplomatic immunity. All meet at the end. This idea was inspired after I watched DEVIL by M. Knight Shamalyn (or whatever his name is) this plot was compelling to me and the character interaction and the way they seemed all connected and revealed.


I am having surgery DEC 26 on my foot. I will be home for 4-8 weeks. Since I can't walk I will WRITE!!WRITE!! WRITE!! When I have the bare bones of this story done, I will then work on the story I did in Nov. A totally different story. One of a man's quest to find his grandmother and in the process finds that hatred and lies can ruin not just a person and their family but a whole town.
© Copyright 2012 Quick-Quill (UN: thekindred at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Quick-Quill has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/767580-Dec-4