*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768942-Writing-Quickie--After-Family-Time
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#768942 added December 18, 2012 at 7:28pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: After Family Time

I sat there on one of the swings, watching families enjoying the park. I almost didn’t hear Tyrik walk up behind me. He placed his hands on my shoulders, and I patted one with my own hand. I continued to stare across the park.

After a minute or two, he broke the silence. “Still thinking about the argument with your mom?”

“What do you think?” I snapped, regretting it almost instantly.

“I think think you’re angry with her.”

“I am. I’m sorry.”

“Don’t be. At least not for being angry with her. I think you have every right to be angry with her. Hell, I’m angry with her.”

“Not surprising. She said some horrible things about you.”

He walked around me so we were face to face and knelt down so we were eye-to-eye. “I don’t care what she thinks of me, Jason. If it weren’t for the fact that she was your mother and someone you loved, I wouldn’t give a shit about her at all.”

“So, why are you angry?”


“Because she hurt you. Her own son. She completely undermined all your feelings and challenged your judgment for no good reason. Because she knew exactly what to say to make you feel like shit and actually had the gall to use that knowledge.”

Tears began to form in the corners of my eyes. he reached out a hand and wiped them away, then caressed my cheek. “Thank you. I love you.”

He grinned. “Yeah, I know. I love you too.”

“So, are still willing to be with me, even after seeing what my mother can be like?” I held my breath, worried about his answer.

“Hell yeah! I’m in love with you, not that crazy old woman. And she’s not going to chase me out of your life. Only you can get rid of me. So, you still want to keep me.”

“Oh god, yes.” We both smiled. “Guess we just won’t be going to my mother’s place for the holidays, eh?”

“We sure won’t be staying long if we do, that’s for sure. But that’s not a bad thing?”

“It’s not.”

“Nah, it just means more private time for us.” With that, he leaned in and initiated a sweet, sensual kiss. My lips parted slightly as I gave myself over to the moment, my pain fading in the presence of our shared tenderness.


JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/768942-Writing-Quickie--After-Family-Time