*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769202-Writing-Quickie--The-Blacksmiths-Son
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#769202 added December 21, 2012 at 6:51pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: The Blacksmith's Son

Jadon wiped the sweat from his brow as he worked the bellows in his father’s shop. The twelve year old boy glanced at the burly blacksmith, who was studying the iron rods glowing in the fire. Jadon squeezed the handles together, and the flames of the forge grew hotter. His father nodded in seeming satisfaction and motioned toward a pair of long-handled tongs.

Jadon picked up the tongs with a gloved hand and used them to pull one of the rods from the fire and placed one end in the vice. His father tightened the vice and Jadon could see the pinched end of the rod flatten slightly. He let go of the rod with the tongs and stepped back so his father could work. The boy picked up his cup of water, trying to quench his thirst with it.


JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769202-Writing-Quickie--The-Blacksmiths-Son