*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769386
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1910044
Jamie Kent meets a group of Ninja warriors who decide to become his protectors in school.
#769386 added December 24, 2012 at 11:47am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 10: Miguel’s Point of View
Chapter 10: Miguel’s Point of View


MY POV

I had never been so furious toward my youngest brothers! I couldn’t believe it! They were treating Jamie, who was a guest in our house, like a rubber ball! Walking up to them, I shouted: “Are you crazy or what?”

“We… We’re playing Jamie-ball!” Kenji explained.

“You’re playing… WHAT?”

“We’re tossing Jamie to one another… Because he’s nice and round and… Heavy!” he explained.

“Kenji… Jamie is a HUMAN being… NOT a ball! He could’ve been hurt! You’re very tough kids and are able to take plenty of punishment, but don’t you realize Jamie is DIFFERENT from you? If you accidentally drop him or hurt him, then I have to drive him to the hospital, and then I’ll get into big problems with his brother and his parents!”

“But we were tossing him over the mat! Nothing could happen!” Isamu pleaded with me.

Finally, Jamie himself spoke up.

“Miguel! It’s alright! Really! I told them they could use me as a ball! I think it’s kind of fun! I love the feeling of being thrown in the air. It almost feels like… flying!” Jamie laughed.

Surprised, I objected: “But Jamie! Beside the risk of falling, of being kicked too hard, don’t you realize how you can get dizzy, spinning in the air that way?”

“I’ve just done that for five minutes, and I feel fine.” He stated smiling. “Besides, I can make the boys stop at any moment, right?” He glanced to my brothers, who nodded.

Rasul intervened, chuckling: “Come on, pal, don’t be over-protective! They seemed to have fun!”

After some hesitation, “Alright!” I sighed, as I turned to my brothers. “You guys better be REALLY careful with Jamie! He’s not as strong as you three! He is very delicate! Be VERY gentle with him!”

“Don’t worry!” they replied at the same time, going back down into their “juggling” positions.

As I looked on, they continued tossing Jamie over to each other. Every time they launched him in the air, Jamie just laughed and giggled out loud, with his arms and legs flying through the air, with the rest of his short, little body. I couldn’t understand how Jamie would just allow his body to be tossed around like a beach ball. But, he gave my brothers permission so I wasn’t going to stand in his way, and he was laughing and enjoying it, so I just allowed them to play with him.

My brothers still threw him around for thirty minutes. In the end, Isamu was performing his Breakdancing exercise with Jamie, while the others clapped their hands and cheered at his show of athletic skills and coordination… and I can’t deny it, I felt rather proud of my brother as well.

“Round and round and round you go…. Round and round and round you go….” Isamu laughed while spinning our friend. “Wow! This has been a great exercise for me, Jamie! Thank you for allowing me to, err, DANCE with you!”

Jamie just smiled, while Isamu gathered him in his arm and gently placed him on the mat. It was evident: deep down in his heart, he actually enjoyed it, being the ball in “Jamie-ball”. But now he looked a little dazed and tired, and I wanted to make sure he was alright.

“Are you feeling okay, Jamie?” I asked him.

“Oh, yeah! That was kinda fun!” he replied with a smile on his face. “I’m just feeling tired, and a little dizzy! I better get home for dinner!”

“Sure thing, dude!” I replied. I didn’t want Wesley, Jamie’s big brother, to come to the Dojo, wondering why we were keeping Jamie at our house so late if they were expecting him at his home for dinner. “I hope you had fun!”

“Yeah! Let me get going… I still need to walk home… Before my brother gets upset!” Jamie sighed.

“Yeah! Well I’m happy you came, dude! I understand you need to leave early so you can walk home! I know you can’t just fly home like Superboy!” I said to Jamie with a chuckle.

“No! Ha haha!” he laughed as he walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind him.

“Wow! Wouldn’t it be cool if Superboy were to visit us here?” Hiroki sighed, since he was standing right next to me when I was talking to Jamie. “I know he also came from Metropolis, just like Jamie did!”

“Yeah, but why would Superboy come here and visit us?” I wondered.

“Well, maybe he knows Jamie since they’re both from the same city?” Rasul wondered out loud.

“I really don’t know… That would be a real coincidence!” I replied.

“Hey! We would like to meet Superboy, right?” Kenji stated.

“Sure!” Arashi said excitedly.

“Man that would just be too cool! I wanna spar with him!” Isamu shouted.

“Superboy doesn’t do martial arts, you dummy!” Hiroki groaned. “He has super powers!”

Just then, Jamie came out of the bathroom, all dressed in jeans and t-shirt with his tennis shoes and his backpack.

“Hey, Jamie! Do you know Superboy?” I asked him.

“Umm… Of course!”

“I mean, have you met him in person?”

“Oh! Well… Yeah!” Jamie replied.

“Oh! What’s he like?” Isamu asked Jamie.

“Does he do martial arts?” Arashi asked him.

“Do you think Superboy would come here?” Kenji asked him as well.

“I… Uhh… I see him flying around all the time… If I get a chance to ask him…” Jamie stuttered.

“Yay! Ooh Jamie that would be so cool!” Rasul cheered.

“Thanks, Jamie!” all three of Hiroki’s younger brothers said to him.

“We’re dying to meet him in person!” Arashi shouted. “He’s my hero!”

“I… I can’t promise you! But I saw Superboy flying last night! But… I’ll try to talk to him!” Jamie responded.

“Thanks, Jamie!!!”

Jamie left the house then, walking on his way home. We watched him for a minute, before we closed the door. Since it was still early in the evening, we decided to stay in our Dojo for another hour or so, before going to our living room upstairs to watch TV with our parents.

We just practiced our sparring and our holds on each other, but I could tell that everyone felt a little sad now that Jamie had left. Kevin was still with us, since he lived just two houses down the street from us. He almost lived right next door from us! Kevin then called his parents and they were nice enough to let him spend the night at our house! They even brought him a big bag filled with clothes! They were so happy that Kevin was learning martial arts from us that they let him sleep in my bedroom!


I love to write about science fiction and fantasy.
© Copyright 2012 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769386