*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769389
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1910044
Jamie Kent meets a group of Ninja warriors who decide to become his protectors in school.
#769389 added December 24, 2012 at 11:49am
Restrictions: None
Chapter 13: The Bank Robbery
Chapter 13: The Bank Robbery


That day, during recess, Jamie told us that he had an errand to run at the small bank down the street after school. Of course, we couldn’t let him go alone, because there was the risk Stan and his cronies attacked him on the street.

So, after school was over, we all walked behind him as we followed him to the small bank where he had a check he needed to cash. Jamie had received a check from his mother for his allowance, and he just wanted to cash it at the bank. I walked in with Jamie while the others waited for us outside by the main entrance. We didn’t all want to walk into the bank at the same time like a group of six teenage boys while only one needed to cash a check since we figured that would cause someone who was working at the bank to freak out, so we decided to let the other guys wait for us outside while only the two of us went inside. We figured that such a mundane task of cashing a check would only take a few minutes to complete anyway.

It was very quiet inside of the bank. I figured because it was already late in the afternoon and the bank was only one hour away from closing for the day. There were only two other people inside of the bank who were waiting to be helped by other bank tellers and we were helped by a friendly lady behind the counter almost immediately.

What we didn’t realize was that a tall, slender man walked in behind us. The minute he walked through the door, he slipped on a ski-mask over his head and he pointed a gun at everyone.

“EVERYBODY FREEZE!” the man shouted as he pointed the gun at us!

I was so scared! I just stayed quiet. Jamie was also very calm. We were both in shock!

“You! In the vault! NOW!” the man shouted, pointing at the vault behind us, which was a special room where the safe was. He indicated that he wanted all of us to go into the vault. “KEEP YOUR HANDS ABOVE YOUR HEAD!”

While we were walking into the vault, I could tell that the man had ordered one of the tellers to fill a plastic white trash bag with all the cash in the drawers! He was asking for money! This was a robbery! What was I going to do? And more, our friends were waiting for us outside!

There was something really weird about the bank robber. I recognized his voice! It sounded very familiar, as he ordered us into the vault. He kept looking at me as he waived his gun at us. Then, he ran over to the bank tellers, back in the lobby, and told them to start filling the bag with money. I noticed that Hiroki and the others were still outside waiting for us and I could bet that they were starting to get impatient. It doesn’t take more than ten minutes to cash a check! I bet they would have entered the bank and they would have realized that we were held hostage during a robbery! Would they try to stop it? Knowing them, they would try to sneak into the bank very quietly, while the robber was totally preoccupied with the bank tellers, who were busy filling his bag with all the cash from the cash registers. I noticed that the robber had his back towards the front door, so he couldn’t see if anyone had walked in the door or not.

It had become very quiet in the bank lobby. I couldn’t see the front door from where I was and Jamie was standing next to me in the vault, feeling very nervous. Every time the robber looked at us, he told us to raise our hands and to keep them above our heads. I could see that Jamie didn’t like that at all. He wanted to lower his hands but the bank robber kept on pointing his gun at them and he kept on motioning with his gun that Jamie had to keep his arms raised up.

My biggest concern right now was Hiroki and my friends. For sure, they would have notices right now that something was wrong. I wondered if they had already entered the bank by now, without anyone knowing. He was very good at walking into a room and being very silent, like a real Ninja. Of course, he would get inside of the bank, along with Maska, Rasul and Raja as well. They were probably waiting for the best moment to attack the bank robber. All he had to do is walk up to the right spot in the bank lobby…

The robber had forced all the tellers in the back corner to fill the plastic bag with money. Now, he turned and walked towards the row of tellers closest to the front door, when suddenly a tall Japanese boy leaped from hiding behind one of the counters and jumped on top of the counter. From there, he leaped into the air and landed on top of the robber, with both feet kicking the robber in his chest and knocking him down to the ground!

“HAAAAAYAAAA!!!!” Hiroki shouted as he jumped on top of the robber!

Maska, Raja and Rasul also leaped out from under the large counter and they jumped on top of the masked man. The hard fall that the robber made to the floor luckily had knocked the gun out of his hand!

I ran out of the vault with Jamie right behind me. For a brief second, I didn’t pay attention to Jamie, as I wanted to be sure that the robber was knocked down and that nobody could get hurt.

The robber rolled out from being under Hiroki, and he quickly grabbed hold of his gun, which was a few feet away from him! Oh No!

Suddenly, out of nowhere, Superboy appeared standing in the lobby of the bank! He must have run into the bank at super speed, because I had no idea where he came from!

“Drop the gun!” Superboy shouted at the robber.

The robber then turned towards him and aimed the gun, firing a shot!

POW!

Superboy caught the bullet with his hand, before dropping it on the floor. Then, he aimed his gaze at the gun in the robber’s hand, and he fired two red beams of light from his eyes! He used his heat vision!

“AUUWW!” the robber cried out, as he dropped his gun to the floor while his hand cringed in pain. Superboy made the metal of his gun so hot, that he could no longer hold it in his hand and was forced to drop it!

Then, Superboy ran into the vault at super speed and came out with a rope. He ran around the robber and tied him up using the rope at super speed. Within seconds, the robber was tied up by his hands and feet! He could no longer move!

“Now, let’s see who this thug really is…” Superboy said, as he pulled the mask from the robber’s face.

“MARCOS!” I shouted, as I recognized his face. “It’s my father!”

Just at that moment, police officers enter the bank through the front door, with their guns pointed.

“Everybody FREEZE!”

Superboy walked up to the police officers and handed over the bag of money and Marcos, who was then arrested right on the spot. Of course, for me, I was filled with hatred, shame and anger, knowing that my biological father had escaped from jail and had come back only to rob the same bank I had come to visit with my friends. To make matters even worse, all my best friends had to witness the robbery and they had to see who committed this crime.

When the police left and Superboy had flown away, I just sat down on one of the chairs in the bank, too upset to even want to show my face. A few minutes later, both Jamie and Hiroki came and consoled me. I was so happy, since I had briefly forgotten about Jamie for a few moments.

“Hey, Miguel… It’s alright… Your father is gone now… He’s been arrested!” Jamie said as he sat right next to me.

“I… I feel so ashamed… I feel so guilty… I’m so embarrassed…” I said as my eyes filled with tears. “How could he do this? You guys could have gotten hurt!”

“Don’t beat yourself up over Marcos’s crimes, amigo!” Hiroki said to me. “You’re not responsible for his crimes!”

“No… But, I feel like I have to redeem myself and make up for his evil deeds… I have to help people and try to save the lives of others and at least do my part and protect my friends and those who are weak…” I said to Hiroki and Jamie.

“Come, Miguel… Let’s go home… We’re all shaken up by this…” Hiroki suggested.

So we got up and walked home, but I felt depressed that evening.



I love to write about science fiction and fantasy.
© Copyright 2012 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769389