*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769392
Rated: 13+ · Book · Fanfiction · #1910044
Jamie Kent meets a group of Ninja warriors who decide to become his protectors in school.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#769392 added February 14, 2023 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
Chapter 16: Epilogue
Chapter 16: Epilogue


We all follow Wesley to his house where we meet Clark and Lois Kent, who lead us into Jamie’s bedroom where Jamie is still lying in bed. He looked tired and pale, with some burn marks on his arm and on his face, but he was happy to see us.

“Thank you, Miguel, for rescuing me!” Jamie says to me, as I bend down and give the boy a big hug. Lois is standing there in the bedroom with her camera and she snaps several pictures of all of us and Jamie, all together.

I had never felt so close to anyone before like I felt to Jamie and as I started crying tears of joy, I began to swear the Ninja Oath to Jamie in front of his parents and before his brother and all my friends so that they were all my witnesses.

“Jamie… I am Ninja for life. I am also your friend for life! I am also your protector for life! Do not hesitate to ask me for help. I will never hesitate to answer a call for help from any member of the Kent family, no matter who you are. This is on my Word of Honor!”

Then I closed my eyes and I bowed before Jamie. I stood up and I hugged him as I cried tears of joy.

Just three days later, Jamie and Wesley met us back at the Dojo again and Jamie was all better! We had asked Clark and Lois if they could stay for a sleepover and they were given permission to spend all week long at our house!

So we had taken the time to tell Jamie and Wesley how even Superboy and Speed Demon had visited us a few days earlier and how much they liked our place.

I had a great sparring partner in Wesley, who was fast and strong. He would beat me occasionally and I would beat him. But we became great friends.

And then there are my younger brothers who had the juggling contest with Jamie. First, they would carry Jamie around on their shoulders, before they would play a round of Jamie-Ball. Then they would juggle and spin him around using their feet. I kept on telling them to be very careful with Jamie, but as long as nothing bad happened to him, I guess it was all okay. Jamie just enjoyed all the friendships he had with all of us, and he played hours of video games with us after we finished our training. I would carry my Teddy Bear to bed at night and he would sleep in the extra bed in my room where he could always be guarded and protected. And Wesley was satisfied with that, knowing that his little brother was always being looked after by me and my brothers.

At sleep time, after gingerly tucking Jamie into bed, I spent a minute kneeling beside him, watching his smiling, innocent face while he slept, and looking very cute and defenseless. That reinforced my decision to protect him at any cost!

As I write this latest entry in my journal, I, Miguel, glance with a smile on my face at the framed photo on my desk of me and Jamie. As I stared at the photo of the two of us, I can’t help but promise to my best friend in the whole world, “Don’t worry, Jamie, I’ll always be watching over you!”


The End

June-December 2012



I love to write about science fiction and fantasy.
© Copyright 2023 scriptboy (UN: scriptboy64 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
scriptboy has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769392