*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769535-Writing-Quickie--Brothers-Honor-and-Revelations
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#769535 added December 27, 2012 at 4:52pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Brothers, Honor, and Revelations
Content Note: Violence, bullying, and homophobia.


Ty pushed himself up on his hands and knees, then straightened his waist so he was kneeling. The thirteen year old boy felt a trickling wetness on his chin and wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He looked at his skin and saw his own blood smeared there. He drew in a deep breath, his abdomen aching from the blows the older boy, Larry, had landed there.

His assailant, a fifteen year old boy with superior height and weight, leered over him. “Had enough, you little wuss? Hell, you’re probably a queer like your older brother.”

Ty lunged at the older boy, yelling, “I told you not to call Brant that!” He wrapped his arms around the older boy’s waist, intent on defending his seventeen year old brother’s honor. Both boys fell to the ground and grappled with one another.

Ty felt strong hands lifting him off Larry. “What the hell are you doing?” Ty spun to face his brother. “This asshole called you a queer!”

“And you started a fight with him because of it? Jesus, Ty. He’s almost twice as big as you.”

“But he called you-”

“Look, Ty. I don’t care what he called me. You have to quit picking fights like this!”

Larry got to his feet, laughing. “Saved by the faggot brother, eh Ty?”

Brant shot him a look. “Can it, Larry. I may be a homo, but I don’t have to start shit just to prove myself to others.”

Larry snarled. “What are you suggesting, queer?”

“You’re probably not as stupid as you look. Figure it out for yourself.” With that, Brant turned his back to Larry and began to look at Ty’s cuts and bruises.

Larry clenched his fists, then looked around. Other students were starting to wander over to see what the commotion was about. He spat toward the brothers, then said to Ty, “Looks like you get away this time. But you need to learn not to start things you can’t finish.” He began to walk away.

“Why didn’t you hit him? Why did you just let him say those things about you?” Ty protested as Brant continued to prod and poke at the younger boy’s face.

“Because that’s what he wants, Ty. I refuse to give it to him.”

“But he called you a queer and a fag!”

“Yeah? So?”
A thought occurred to Ty, and he recoiled from his brother’s touch. “Are you?!”

“That’s not important right now.”

“It is to me! Are you queer?”

Brant sighed. “Yeah, I like other guys. A lot. Now can we move on?”

“But, how can you?!” Ty was nearly hysterical. He wasn’t sure who this older boy -- the one he adored and looked up to all his life -- was anymore.

“It’s just the way things are. Look, can we talk about this later? Let’s get you cleaned up.”

“No! Get away from me! I need some time alone!” Ty pushed his brother away.

“Ty, calm down.”

“Calm down?! I’ve been defending you! You’re my brother and now...” He couldn’t bare to finish his thought. He took off down the street. He needed time to think.


JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2012 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769535-Writing-Quickie--Brothers-Honor-and-Revelations