*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769678-December-29-2012
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1342524
Reading, Writing, Pondering: Big Life Themes, Literature, Contemporary/Historical Issues
#769678 added December 29, 2012 at 1:45pm
Restrictions: None
December 29, 2012
DAY 41 - DECEMBER 29 PROMPT: Over the course of your life, what has been the strangest/oddest experience you've ever had?





Strange, odd, or terrifying? I’ve experienced all of them, all my life. The worst occurred in late November 2009, and I really don’t want to go into detail (I don’t even want to remember it). An evening chimney fire the day after Thanksgiving resulted in smoke and water damage, and we had to move out of the older house (probably mid-20th century) in which we lived. Fortunately we found a house quickly, and were able to move Dec. 7-8. My daughter, son-in-law, and then five grandkids stayed in a motel; I, and my younger adult son, lived in separate quarters (2) on the property. I had been experiencing serious mischief in that house since September 2007, but on the Sunday night after Thanksgiving I went into the house after dark to use the restroom (no electricity), and what I experienced caused me to run out the back door and refuse to return until my son went inside and set up a lantern/flashlight so I could get in and out without crossing through the middle room in the darkness. And that’s all the detail I’ll add.



© Copyright 2012 Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer (UN: fantasywrider at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Cobwebby Space Reader Reindeer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/769678-December-29-2012