*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770214-Writing-Quickie--Comfort-in-Sickness
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#770214 added January 3, 2013 at 9:22pm
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Comfort in Sickness
I lay in bed with the heavy comforter pulled up to my neck. Despite it’s warmth, I was still shivering. Benji came in with a bowl of soup and set it on the table next to me. Then he set on the edge of the mattress, near my waist. He leaned over and kissed my forehead. His lips felt cool against my forehead and I sighed. He looked into my eyes and shook his head.

He walked around to the other side of the bed, lifted the covers and crawled underneath them, snuggling up to me. I began to protest, but he shushed me and I relented. I rested my head against his shoulder and he ran his hand through my hair. I wished desperately that I felt better so that I could truly enjoy being so close to him. And yet, I was glad to have his company. He again kissed me on the forehead and I closed my eyes as he held my shivering body.


JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2013 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770214-Writing-Quickie--Comfort-in-Sickness