*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770282-Who-Are-You-36-words-over
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1911337
Original stories/poems before word count and/or prompt adherement revisions.
#770282 added January 4, 2013 at 1:54pm
Restrictions: None
"Who Are You?!" 36 words over
Franklin was used to getting away with anything and everything. At the ripe age of 30 he continued to take any and everyone for granted. Lie, cheat, steal; brother, mother, daughter, didn't matter.

His father remarried an amazing lady, she was sweet, kind, and completely in love with his Dad. He knew her type, strong on the outside but mushy on the inside, especially where his Dad was concerned. Anything his Dad wanted she would acquiesce to. Anything Franklin wanted his Dad agreed to. Consequently, anything Franklin wanted Mary, his new mom, should accommodate, right? He knew this to be true.

Mary paid for his GED classes. He didn't have the time to go, he changed his mind, no big deal.

She paid half his probation fees. He lied and said he needed more than he did, he needed the money. No skin off his nose.

He told her he needed $200 to stay out of jail. No need to go in, she could just give him the money out front and he would take care of it. She was on to him. She went directly to the probation officer. Officer Gaskill had no clue as to what she was referring. Mary and Gaskill went to find Franklin, he was gone.

Franklin asked Mickey, Mary's youngest son, to use his driver’s license to scrap an old car. Mickey helped his new big brother without question. Two weeks later Mickey and Franklin are behind bars facing major felony charges. The kind old lady Franklin lied to was without transportation. She had trusted him, known his father since they were kids. More than anything she was hurt, how could he do this to her?

Mary bailed out Mickey in 24 hours. Franklin pleaded with her, please Ms. Mary, I'm already on probation, I'm facing 10 years with this charge. You wouldn't leave me in here to rot would you?!

She turns to him slowly, eyes full of pity, compassion, and determination. "You obviously don't know who I am".

---------------
Word count: 336 words
---------------
Submission: "Who are you?!
© Copyright 2013 A*Monaing*Faith (UN: afaith at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
A*Monaing*Faith has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/770282-Who-Are-You-36-words-over