*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771910-Update-on-the-downtime
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing.Com · #206127
Announcements pertaining to Writing.Com!
#771910 added January 17, 2013 at 11:24am
Restrictions: None
Update on the downtime...
Greets,

Just a quick note that we're back up and running after a roughly 4 hour network outage at our web hosting provider this morning. We did our best to keep news flowing on our Facebook page; http://facebook.com/writingcom ... Here's the final snippet I posted once we returned:

We apologize for the problems at our web host this morning. For over 12 years, they've been a rock solid partner to us and the few hours this morning has been by far the worst of it. We're pretty thankful for the general calm and stability of our online writers' retreat! When problems happen, keeping communication open is one of the most important things and they did just that... keeping us as informed as possible while they searched for, isolated and then corrected the problem.

And, for sure, this was just a networking issue at their main facility. There were no specific issues with Writing.Com's site code, our servers or any of our data. It was purely a larger overall problem that prevented a few of our servers from communicating with each other and the outside world.

(Of course, for those around in the wee hours of last night, this 4 hour downtime did come on the heels of two other smaller issues. One was my fault, while the other was a miscommunication between our host and I on a change I had requested them make. Neither of these two things was related to this morning's occurrence.)

My sincere apologies for the downtime,
~~SM

© Copyright 2013 Writing.Com Support (UN: support at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com Support has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/771910-Update-on-the-downtime