*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772101-Writing-Quickie--Lovers-and-Protection
Rated: 18+ · Book · Writing · #1634630
Brief writing exercises and thoughts on writing. Maybe the occasional personal musing.
#772101 added January 19, 2013 at 5:54am
Restrictions: None
Writing Quickie: Lovers and Protection
Jacob sat in the grass and cradled my head in his lap as I lay in front of him staring up at the sky. He ran his fingers through my curly brown hair as I watched the clouds slowly float across the sky. I sighed and glanced at my lover’s eyes, his head was bowed and his eyes were closed. He frowned slightly and I felt a tingling sensation at the back of my skull.

“Jacob,” I said tentatively. “What are you doing?”

“What do you think I’m doing?” he said, a slight edge in his otherwise soft and soothing voice.

“I think you’re working on me.”

“Okay, then.”

“Okay, what’s wrong?”

The tingling sensation ended and he opened his eyes. “What’s wrong is that you’re not doing your exercises like you’re supposed to. What’s wrong is that you have a few blockages that you should have detected and cleared days -- if not weeks -- ago.”

“Yeah, I know. I tend to forget.” I swiveled my hips as I pulled myself up so that I could sit facing him.”

“Brady, that’s not acceptable. You can’t just forget. This stuff is important. Master Hogan will be most displeased at your lack of discipline.”

“Not nearly as displeased as you,” I said sullenly.

Jacob’s voice turned to ice. “Well, that’s because Master Hogan isn’t your lover. He doesn’t share the bond with you that I do. And that means he’s not as likely to...” he closed his eyes as a tear formed in each.

“Go on, say it. He’s not likely to get attacked through me as you are.”

Jacob’s eyes flew open and he stared at me. “That’s what you think I’m worried about? Good lord, no.”

I wrinkled my brow. “Wait, it’s not? I thought the whole thing was that as a new spirit warrior, you’ll be constantly under attack.”

“You have that part right. Once I enter the fray and try to push back those forces that would harm our community, spirits will seek to cling to and attack me at every opportunity. It’s why I’m going through the training I am, in order to protect myself and clear my aura of any negativity.”

“That’s fine, but what does that have to do with me? I thought our bond was another way for them to attack you.”

Jacob shook his head. “Just the opposite, Brady. The concern is that a spirit that seeks to attack me could actually find that bond and follow it back to you.”

I gulped. “You mean, the danger you’re concerned about is targeted at me?”

He nodded. “When I told Master Hogan that we were lovers and that you have your own sensitivity, he was extremely concerned. I can protect myself, but I can’t really protect you. Our bond makes you a target, and your own abilities make you a pretty appealing one at that.”

“So, I’ve been getting this training for my own safety.”

“Yeah. Now do you understand why I get so upset when you don’t follow through.”

I nodded.


JarredH

Give me pen and paper and I shall create entire worlds and fill them with adventures.

© Copyright 2013 JarredH (UN: seithman at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
JarredH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/772101-Writing-Quickie--Lovers-and-Protection