*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776384-Tonights-prompt---Wow
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#776384 added March 1, 2013 at 11:22pm
Restrictions: None
Tonight's prompt - Wow!
Tonight's prompt - Think about a time it was hard to be honest - but you were:

Now this could be opening up a Pandora's box, and I can probably think of at least a dozen times throughout my life time but there is one incident from my childhood that even to this day travels through my mind whenever it is triggered. It really made an impact in my life.

I was about 8 - 9 yrs. and my dad caught me with a piece of bubble gum ( a penny piece at that time - mind you) and he asked me straight out where I had gotten from. I couldn't lie, no matter how much I wanted to, and I told him I stole it from the drug store. He marched me back in the store and told the manager and paid for it and took both me and the bubble gum home. All that ends well, is well right? WRONG I would have rather taken a beating ( the pain would have disappeared sooner) rather what came next...

We had a curvature breakfast bar in our house, my place to sit was where the bar curved - that was MY spot and I loved it. WELL... my dad took that piece of bubble gum and suspended it from the cupboard to where it hung in front of my spot. Breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack time I HAD to eat and stare at that piece of bubble gum for a week. I have never forgotten it and needless to say I never stole anything again but I also never chewed bubble gum again either. *Smile*

OK I'm off to bed with a smith but I won't dream of bubble gum. *Smile*

Kristina

© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776384-Tonights-prompt---Wow