*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776714-Day-108-March-6-2013
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#776714 added March 6, 2013 at 10:26am
Restrictions: None
Day 108 March 6, 2013
Good Morning Friends*TulipP*

I hope today finds you all well, content and happy. Here in Bakersfield, CA- mother nature is sitting around laughing her head off as she teases us with the weather in March. Since the middle of February to present she has bestowed upon us a mix. From the low 40's to the mid 70's, rain, snow, sun. Now we are back to lower temps, wind and rain. I'm not sure if I'm looking forward to summer (and I love summer)- we are suppose to hit the 80's next week. A fore runner to a sizzling 100+ summer I'm afraid. We get those now and again. Last summer it was 107 - 110 for several days.

Todays Prompt:

Are you afraid of death?

Write about you're feelings on the subject


Death is a stalker and it lures in every corner and shadow of life. It is the unknown. It is a human characteristic to fear the unknown. We cannot feel it, see it nor touch it, yet we are reminded daily of its presence through the loss of a love one, friend, or neighbor and by the news and obituary columns in the newspaper. When we think of death, we associate it with a dark tunnel through which we must pass to reach the light. It is that passage way that is feared- we must travel it alone. The light is that which guides us to better peaceful existence.

I find solace in believing that a better existence awaits me. I have a purpose there but am unaware of what it could be except my brief stay here in this life is preparing me for it. I have had a couple of close encounters in my life and the door to the passage way has been blocked. So my purpose here has yet to be fulfilled and my potential has yet to be reached.

Am I afraid? Yes, however, The Lord does not give you a cross that you cannot bear.

Kristina

{image:1915140)


© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/776714-Day-108-March-6-2013