*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777261-Its-a-Saturday-night-and-I-aint-got-nobody
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#777261 added March 14, 2013 at 12:24pm
Restrictions: None
It's a Saturday night and I ain't got nobody
*Reading**Pumpkin*

to be fixed (continued)

*Reading**Pumpkin*

so ... somehow the Saturday night treat went that-a-way, it was never loaded, someone was supposed to, someone did not.

The moment is gone, and now we will try to recreate the feeling. This is writing, recalling the past and making it the present.

It was a Saturday, the day of games, the day when herds of people gather to the arenas to see man's battle.

Man battling himself, the elements, another man, or some form of opponent, why - even a bull may do - and the word 'ball' comes into its own.

Men and their balls - in this case - a rugby ball.


My family are of the kind who will look to the god of sport who adorns the television set, serve the god burnt offerings (barbeque), bowls of exquisite delight from far away lands such as pop corn, peanuts, corn puffs, candy, and jerky (biltong), add drinks from all fountains, the list is too long to bother with.


This is the scene, one side against the other, battle lines are drawn, war wear is donned - in their own colors, and the whistle blows, or whatever sets them off.

And side one does this, and side two does that - and there is a referee, who is the 'law' - all doing their thing. The crowd goes mad, the game is on, excitement is in the air, and then, a WINNER is declared, and everyone goes home, till next time.

All of this, at the cost of a small country's budget, and the poor stays poor, and the rich gets richer, that is the way of this world.

- We all love WINNERS -


In all of this, I forgot to press the 'Save'.


Now I have to re-do it.

"Life's battles don't always go to the stronger or faster man. But sooner or later the man who wins, is the man who thinks he can." - Vince Lombardi

or

"To hell with circumstances, I create opportunities!" - a famous quote by Bruce Lee.




© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/777261-Its-a-Saturday-night-and-I-aint-got-nobody