*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS

Member Blogs

Offsite Blogs

Writing Links

More Links
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779519-Orange-is-the-new-what
by Kenzie
Rated: ASR · Book · Writing · #1160028
Fibro fog, pain, writing sandwiched in between. Quotes. Sermon notes. Encouragement.
#779519 added April 2, 2013 at 9:53am
Restrictions: None
Orange is the new what?
The other day I heard a designer say that orange is now the new beige. She went on to explain that now that orange is considered a neutral color, it pairs well with greens, blues and purples. What?


Sure enough. If you look at design magazines you'll see that orange is being used a bunch.


Orange is also seen in fashion photos.


Hmmm. In one of my many trips to doctors in January I thumbed through a fashion magazine while sitting in the waiting room. I guess it's a good thing that I was born when I was. Don't get me wrong. As a teen I wore mini-skirts and even had flower designed hip-hugger bell-bottom jeans. But there is no way I would want to be a young woman today. I could not wear green stripes paired with orange polkadots. I just couldn't do it.


That's the kind of thing I saw in the fashion magazine - plaids with stripes, stripes with polkadots, flowered patterns paired with checkered patterns. Yikes. The models reminded me of a bunch of homeless women who were wearing all the clothes they owned layered on top of each other.


And speaking of layers.... What's up with buying a tube and putting it around your belly (accentuating you obesity) pretending that you're wearing layers? Yes, I understand that it's healthy to love yourself no matter what your weight. But does everyone have to wear clothes that look like they belong to your younger (and much thinner) sister? Sure it's fashionable to claim that you're a size 6, but I worked in retail for years and you're not fooling me. I know a size 14 when I see one. Geesh. Those tube things around the waist would be great if they worked like the old girdles we used to wear (yes, even under slacks).


And older women? Come on. It was fun to wear short skirts when we were young, but they look foolish on old ladies. And when did we forget how ugly bare legs can look? It's bad enough to always have bare legs as a young woman, but when you're old and wrinkled and have varicose veins....








Awww.  Such a cute angel.

"My Favorite Neighbor
"Sharing Sunshine...It's What I Do!
"Admirable Women
"Whose Work Are You Stealing?
"The Potter's Cup and Saucer

© Copyright 2013 Kenzie (UN: kenzie at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Kenzie has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779519-Orange-is-the-new-what