*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779789-My-Most-Tender-Moment
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#779789 added April 5, 2013 at 4:11pm
Restrictions: None
My Most Tender Moment
The prompt for today:

When was the last time you shed tears of joy?


My Most Tender Moment - In Life


Like many of you, I have cried from happiness on numerous occasions. I would like to talk about is, what I feel to be the most tender moment of my life.

Most of us know what it feels like to be on the pushing end of delivery and the joy that comes when it is over and you are holding that precious little person in your arms.

This is going back a few years; I was fresh out nursing school and had gotten my very first job at Memorial Hospital. I was so happy, I was hired for the OB/GYN department. (My dream job*Smile* )

I had a mommy in labor, she was my patient, and I cared for her through the night. Finally the time came and I called the MD an told him, I needed him now! My head Nurse (and my mentor) and I, took my patient to the delivery room and prepared her. Suddenly things progressed! I looked at Sue Trimble(my head nurse) and you know what she said to me?

Kris, you are a nurse, trained, and the MD is on his way but he is not going to make it. You are on your own horse and I am right here.

I was so scared- Mommy screamed - it's coming!

Suddenly the fear left ( or I just couldn't feel it anymore) an it honestly felt like something overcame me and it wasn't my hands I was feeling.

I delivered a little, healthy baby girl - who is now probably in her 30's somewhere - all by myself.

The feelings were phenomenal - As it turned out, she was my first but not my last.

I cried many tears of JOY

© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/779789-My-Most-Tender-Moment