*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780596-Never-believe-what-youre-promised
Rated: 18+ · Book · Other · #1918671
O'siyo Oginalii Tsilugi - Hello friends - Welcome - to My first blog. A place to share.
#780596 added April 15, 2013 at 1:27am
Restrictions: None
Never believe what you're promised

The most disappointed I have ever been


This a few years ago, I have to admit that I haven't thought about it until now. Like all of us I have many disappointments throughout my life. But none like this. I think this when I began to develop a very thick skin.

The nurses out there will understand the lingo I am about to use but I will explain as I go along.
This involves the Lap Chole. This procedure is done by the removal of the gallbladder with small instruments and a microscope. Involving a small incision in the abdomen.

Kern County, where I live, was preparing to perform its first case. I was fortunate to be in from the ground level.

Kern Medical Center, held what was termed as a pig lab. We brought several pigs in. Setting up a lab in one of the clinics out back, we began. The docs soon ran into problems with suction. I came up with the idea of using the suctioning tubing from an infant oxygen mask. It worked perfect.

I studied and learned everything I could. The day finally came when we were ok'd to perform the first lap chole. I walked in and found my case to have been given away to someone else.

I broke down and cried and had to be sent home.

That was the worst experience of my life.

© Copyright 2013 Chrys O'Shea (UN: kb6vas at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Chrys O'Shea has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/780596-Never-believe-what-youre-promised