*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782753-Note-Book
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#782753 added May 15, 2013 at 11:52pm
Restrictions: None
Note Book
Now it is 4am,

Thoughts awoke me, again.

Got up, made a mug of coffee, and cranked up the old PC.

Yes, I still own an old PC. It is ancient as models go, it has been face-lifted quite a bit.

When I was young (really, I was once) the talk went something like this;

It has a double lift cam, polished valves, chrome dipstick, with dual carburetors, over-sized pistons, and high compression rings ... there was more.

I did not know then, and I still do not know now.

Rams, bytes, mother-boards, and many more ... there is more.

The geeks look different now, imagine John Travolta as a geek, (well, you had to see GREASE to know!)

Anyway, I sat down with my thoughts, and the 'marble in the box' idea started, which was a spinoff from the 'an ounce of prevention ... ', which in turn started with something, someone said, a while back.

Marble in the box

One has a box which is sealed, it contains a marble on the inside, with a small hole in the box where the marble is supposed to get out.

Solutions ?

(Okay, it is not my box, I did not start this story, some one else did - who - I do not know, i do not know the color or colors of the box or marble, neither the sizes involved.)

Can we now stick to the problem at hand ? Thank you !

Before we can do this, we need to set the correct 'scene':

Venue: Underneath a fig tree in Greece (that is where all the old thinkers sat)

Method: A lazy-boy recliner and laptop (we have evolved a bit)

Reason: Do we need one ?(it was a good idea at the time ?)

Refreshments: Coffee for me, and you ? (Turkish coffee will be nice, thank you - btw, where and when did the Turks invent coffee ? - just thinking)

Etc, etc, etc ...

What were we talking about, oh yes - thoughts.

An ounce of prevention ...

Oogling this old adage, I found it was attributed to Benjamin Franklin -no - not the rock star, the US Statesman !

People who know me, (there are a few) know that I spend a lot of time thinking, so much so that much of my writing involves 'thinking' as a subject, and as an abstract exercise, which proves - I know little about 'thinking'.

People who can think for themselves do not waste time 'thinking', they get down to 'doing'.

I aim to get there eventually - for now - I'll stick to 'thinking'.

First this 'ounce of prevention ...' has to be studied.


Add break - to be con't










© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782753-Note-Book