*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782905-Needed-Friends-with-no-benefits-
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#782905 added May 18, 2013 at 11:07pm
Restrictions: None
Needed: Friends with no benefits ...
Notebook: This came about because of the week we had.

School friends -

Family -

Chat-room -

Home -

Dogs - I have to note here, before the details are lost in the doldrums of my mind.
The Basset, named Dirk, the Sheepdog called Dog, the other Sheepdog; Dolf, and the Jack Russell bitch
with the unlikely name of Teeth.

General - Doldrums:
Colloquially, the "doldrums" are a state of inactivity, mild depression, listlessness or stagnation.
The word is derived from dold (an archaic term meaning "stupid") and -rum(s), a noun suffix found in
such words as "tantrum".(Wiki)

Laatlammetjie:
laatlammetjie (laart-lum-et-chie) – The youngest child of a family, born (mostly by accident) to older parents
and many years younger than its siblings. The word means "late lamb" in Afrikaans.

These will be the headings to be expounded on.

For those who do not know, or have forgotten, I am currently involved in an argument about the 'right of way' to my property.

This has been an interesting, tiring, and telling time.

Apply pressure to anything, and the results may be quite revealing, especially the character of the characters involved.
This we will not delve in too deeply at this stage.
Although, as I said to someone yesterday, this is like those movies - there's the brave, righteous, all-round-nice-guy hero, the damsel in distress, the villainous villain and his ever-present henchmen, and all the other extras.

Action - roll cameras (is this correct? never-mind, we got it.)

School friends:

My worlds are not round, as would normally be expected, they are square boxes.

In this world called 'school' there are twelve years worth of memories.

Most of these memories are gone, as one cannot account for each day which has passed, still, there are many instances which are as clear as if it had just happened.

And the characters; which are still as clear as can be.

One of these came into my world this week.

The last time I saw him, he was sitting in a glass of drink, lamenting about the drought, and the fact that he has a 'laatlammetjie'. The rest is not to be recorded as it is not E-rated.

Our paths crossed this week, he has technically become my neighbor.

We were together in the 'koshuis', which means 'foodhouse' directly translated.

It is a boarding school which is more clearly discussed in my item http://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1560767-WEEKEND

Friends is not a word we could use, we were in rooms adjacent, and he belonged to the other group.

The other group is what one would call in the 'Jocks' in US nomenclature.

'Geeks' was not my group either.

Anyway, we are now neighbors, and the first thing he said to his son was, "This is the bloke I told you about."

He has leased the game farm next to me, the game section only, he wants to house game here.

It was still good to see an old school mate.

Family:

Those which is the closest to us, family.

One can choose ones friends, only friends and enemies are there, like a mole on a body-part, going nowhere, just there.

Now, enemies you can fight with, ignore, win, lose to - with family - you are stuck.

It is better to have family as friends, rather than enemies.

It just makes good sense.

Chat room:

The Wdc's chat room is like the tv sit-com, Cheers - where every one knows your name.

And then only what you allow them to know. or so we think.

Still, it is a place to be.

Home

Home is where the heart is, goes the saying.

Where we are now, is where home was for many years. Then we moved.

Now home is somewhere else, and we had to return, to clean up, and sell this place.

We are selling a part of us.

Dogs:

The Basset does not belong to me, neither do any of the other dogs.

The Basset has adopted me, as if I was a stray, and he the master.

No other dog is allowed near me, and should one try, it gets a growl and even a bit of bashing.

This Basset belongs to my neighbor, who is also my son-in-law's brother, and the Basset's boss is supposed to be Dirk.

It follows then, the Basset is Dirk.

The same goes for Dolf, who is part sheep dog, he has also adopted me.

He belongs to my other neighbor who is involved in the 'road' story.

Dog, who is supposed to be a full-blooded sheep dog, has moved in as well.

Who told them, this is a holiday resort ?

Maybe it was Teeth, the bitch.

No, she is not on heat.

Now, where I walk, there the five of us walk, one man owned by four dogs.

General:

Between of all of these elements mentioned here, and a few others not mentioned, life goes on.

These keep me busy, not like I have nothing better to do with my time.

I would still prefer to do nothing.


tbc (to be continued) Life goes on ...

© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/782905-Needed-Friends-with-no-benefits-