*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784202-The-Image-and-Other-Things
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#784202 added June 4, 2013 at 9:07am
Restrictions: None
The Image and Other Things
Hello.

First of all, I'm looking back at my journal and I realize I may never have had the chance to thank the people who wished me well in my Costa Rica job hunt. The guy said that he thought I was a good match, but he won't confirm anything yet.

I have also made it to the last week of the contest where I must write a vampire story every week for eight weeks. Hopefully, I will finish the last story tomorrow and move on.

Also, today is the anniversary of the Tianaman Square massacre. I doubt anyone will be talking about that very much here in China, though. You know, I was in ninth grade when that happened. I remember the events leading up to it. My Social Studies teacher was one of those cockeyed optimists from the sixties that us Gen xers thought were kind of dumb. I remember how she said that the demonstration in Beijing was going to be a great event and how we would be telling our children about it. Then came the massacre. Sorry Ms. Stallone--Yes, that was really her name, but that's a story for another day--, but you were dead wrong on that one.

Anyway, the cool thing now is that the prompts are going to be images. This image clearly looks like a kitten, but why it looks so distorted is anyone's guess. My first thought is that it's a kitten looking at its own reflection in a stream or something like that. Then again, maybe it's something more bizarre like a kitten viewed by someone who's stoned. I don't know. I got nothing here.



The King Signature

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784202-The-Image-and-Other-Things