*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784223-This-ones-about-patience
Rated: 18+ · Book · Personal · #1762035
A little bit of everything, colored my own way.
#784223 added June 4, 2013 at 2:41pm
Restrictions: None
This one's about patience.
30DBC PROMPT: "What tests your patience the most?"

What's happenin'? I thought I'd take a break from taking a break and see what's going on 'round here, since I've got nothing else going on right now. And this is the prompt I get...*Pthb*

I could probably write a book about things/places/people that test my patience. I've probably made that abundantly clear at one point or another. I suppose that has a lot to do with having no patience to begin with. I think I was born with a defunct patience gland or something.

It's true. But it's probably more a function of an ever-evolving society as well. I've spoken before about how much of an instant gratification, drive-thru nation we've become. We want it, and we want it yesterday. We want things before we even know we want them. And we're just not content until we've gotten them, abused them, and turned our attention to something else we probably don't need.

But what really tests me? I mean, puts me through the wringer of sorts, and challenges me? What makes me feel like I have to fight to overcome it? My lack of patience. I think we all have an internal clock set on expectations. We expect to wait in line a certain amount of time. We expect how events should go down and how reactions should be. We have expectations. Everyone's guilty...and some are more reasonable than others. Of course, I don't ever think I'm being unreasonable, but when it's become commonplace to have little expectations anyway, the disappointment is negligible.

However, if I'm stuck behind you in line and you are acting in a matter that I deem "unreasonable", I will mock you 36 different ways in my head until you GTFO of my way. If late-night talk show hosts were to read an article about how you held up the line in the donut shop because you wanted the sprinkles on your iced jelly heart attack alphabetized, you deserve the field day they should be having at your expense. And my favorite...if you're too lazy to read the aisle markers when you walk into a store, you deserve it when I throw K-Y lube, enemas and a package of cable ties in your shopping cart while you're otherwise not paying attention to anything, including where you're going while asking for directions to the sale item with the big signs on it that you've already passed three times.

Come to think of it, I rather like not having the patience for people sometimes. Hell, I need something to keep me entertained. *Smirk*

BCF PROMPT: "What do you see in this image?"

** Image ID #1936469 Unavailable **


Huh?? My biggest question is, "How does one participate in a 'describe the image' writing competition, when only the people in the contest group are privy to the information?" Why are we supposed to write about a picture when nobody else can see it? I get it, that it's supposed to be about writing and all, but I'm not going to change what I do in this space to accommodate something I'm not sure others would understand. Even if I barely make sense to myself at times.

Wow *Rolleyes*. Anyway, I'm glad this isn't the security question you would have to answer to get access to my bank account. Not that you'd stand to gain much anyway, but you know what I mean. Like the "type the word in the box below so we know you're not just hacking into our system" quiz.

Now, I could be way off on this (and usually when I start trash talking, I've totally missed the mark). Obviously, it's some furry little creature or rodent. Maybe a cat. Wrapped in a blanket...of odor. What else has cartoonish-looking eyes and wavers in its disfigurement like a bent image of a highway sweltering in 95-degree heat? Because this is what I really see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ee3ezPgbm2c

MUSICAL BREAK!!

*Clock2* And then there's this, which is what I see when looking at the first prompt. *Guitar*



VITAL STATS:

*Pizza* It's become far too easy for me to get a piece of pizza in this town. I shouldn't be complaining, and it could be even easier, but I need to cut back a little.

*Football* On a serious note, sometimes our heroes are human too. I was very saddened upon hearing about this the other day. The c-word (you know, the other "c-word") has always scared the hell outta me. Not only is he a legend, but a great guy as well. Best wishes, Jim. http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9336790/ex-buffalo-bills-qb-jim-kelly-battling...

And that's all I've got for the last couple of days. Just relaxing as much as I can...tomorrow's a long day and it's hot out, so I'm going to need it. Hope you've all been well...peace, where else would you rather be, and GOODNIGHT NOW!!


© Copyright 2013 Fivesixer (UN: fivesixer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Fivesixer has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/784223-This-ones-about-patience