*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785209
Rated: ASR · Book · Entertainment · #977405
Entries for Blog City are here and maybe other surprises.
#785209 added June 20, 2013 at 2:36pm
Restrictions: None
A Scarecrow's Reflections
Writing Prompt from The Hub, WDC Home Page.

A scarecrow looks at his surroundings from a garden.

The scarecrow was bored with his life. He was hung on a pole and couldn't go anywhere. A scarecrow? What a laugh. Crows and birds weren't afraid of him. The cat would stretch and use him for a scratching post. The dog would pee on him. He was always out in the rain and the wind would blow his hat off. He would watch Farmer Johnson plow his field. He watched the tomatoes, carrots, potatoes, squash, radishes, peas and green beans grow. The children would play in a old tire swing and have picnics in the yard. The scarecrow was lonely. His black hat, black and blue clothes were faded and he was lonesome. One day, Mrs. Johnson had a friend Lorraine visit. They walked in the garden and Lorraine picked some green beans and tomatoes. She looked at the scarecrow. She thought he was special. She asked Mrs. Johnson if she could take him home. Mrs. Johnson hesitated but she could see that Lorraine liked him. Lorraine was free to take him home.

The scarecrow wondered what kind of life he would have now. Lorraine sat him in her car and the scarecrow liked riding in the car. He saw other cars, horses in a field and cows. Lorraine got him home and dressed him like Captain Jack Sparrow, the pirate. She let him look in the mirror and the scarecrow liked what he saw. The scarecrow smiled and Lorraine thought she saw him smile. She named him Captain Sea Crow. She sat him on her porch in an old canoe and he was protected from the rain and storms. A cat would sleep next to him at times and Captain Sea Crow liked his new life. No crows to crap on him and no dog to wet on him. His clothes were always clean. The scarecrow was content and happy. Life was nice.

** Image ID #883809 Unavailable **
** Image ID #1328443 Unavailable **

© Copyright 2013 Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox (UN: tigger at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Princess Megan Rose GOT Fox has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785209