*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785437-Mezzo-Forte
Rated: E · Book · Personal · #1909095
My journey to find my writer's voice and the lessons I have learned on the way.
#785437 added June 23, 2013 at 6:02pm
Restrictions: None
Mezzo Forte
         The music is getting louder and the lyrics are becoming clear. Everyday the writer in my soul is singing to me. She is still quiet and doesn't always hit the right notes, but at last she is being heard. And amazingly, I'm not the only one listening. I find that was intended as a hobby and way to fill the hole where my social life had once been, is now a demanding presence in my day. As I tune my instrument, I find there are people that not only hear my song but listen to the lyrics. I have found an audience that can appreciate my efforts and that wants me to succeed. For years, I have been in the audience, watching as friends and family achieve their personal and career goals. I gave standing ovations for their accomplishments. And I was happy to support and applaud them. Yet all the time, my world was shrinking around me. The talents and promise I possessed was not sought out or understood and could not bring me the accolades I craved. So I muted them. I didn't want to be haunted by what could have been or be reminded of the meager crumbs of my experience.

         Yet I find there are those that can appreciate the one thing that does set me apart. And I spend my day immersed in that world of words, swimming happily and finding the fulfillment of a job well done; something that hasn't been possible in years. I have something that is mine. Mine alone. I hold it close  to my heart and pour into it all the potential I have hoarded through the years. How it seems to flow and fall from my pen from an unending source. I have found a way to make my talent relevant and my purpose and path are leading me on. I am forever thinking of new things to write, classes to take, all the while finding my own definition of good writing. I have met others who speak this language and at long last my world has stopped shrinking and I can see the room getting larger.


© Copyright 2013 Angels in my Ear (UN: aundria_k at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Angels in my Ear has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785437-Mezzo-Forte