*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785948-Vampire-Fiction
Rated: 13+ · Book · Opinion · #1903082
This is my blog which I intend to use for the new group that I am joining
#785948 added July 1, 2013 at 9:23am
Restrictions: None
Vampire Fiction
Well. Today's prompt asks how I feel about vampire fictioon.

Hey, just a few weeks ago, I finished a contest where I had to write a new vampire story every week for eight weeks, so sure I love vampire fiction. In a way, my response to this question is "What's not to love?" Well, I don't love that the Twilight books are so long. I've never had any interest in reading them for that reason, but otherwise I think vampire stories are great.

You know, not too long ago, I heard a very strange theory about vampires as well as about zombies. That theory is that stories about vampires are more popular during Democrat administrations while zombies are more popular when there's a Republican in office. Think about it. The original Night of the Living Dead came out back during the Nixon administration. When Jimmy Carter was president. There was a brief period of vampire interest and they made that Frank Langellla version of Dracula. Then there were twelve years of Reagan followed by the older George Bush. This produced Dawn of the Dead, Day of the Dead, and Revenge of the Living Dead. Then with Bill Clinton vampires came back. First, with the Gary Oldman version of Dracula and then Anne Rice. Then when the younger Bush became president we got a remake of Night of the Living Dead, 28 Days Later, I am Legend. Now, the Obama adminstration is causing us to start up with Twilight The exact reason for this is a little hard to say, but the basic idea is that during a Republican administration people are afraid that the public will turn into a bunch of mindless zombies while during a Democrat administration, people are more afraid that the country will descend to sexual deviance.

One other opinion about vampire fiction. I think it's good, but I think werewolves are much cooler. Funny thing is that somehow werewolves have not been nearly as popular for writing as vampires. I should probably write about werewolves sometime, but I never get around to it.
The King Signature

© Copyright 2013 Weirdone-Back in the games (UN: weirdone28 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Weirdone-Back in the games has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/785948-Vampire-Fiction