*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787859-Faded-bliss
by NYPen
Rated: E · Book · Educational · #1942316
Contemplative thoughts that infiltrate the mind.
#787859 added July 31, 2013 at 12:59am
Restrictions: None
Faded bliss
         How come relationships start out in bliss but fall apart over time?  When we start dating our steps are light, our heart is jumping and the other one is in our thoughts.  Why then as time goes on does a lot of this fade?  I've been married for fifteen years and the bliss has faded.  I want that great relationship back where we were excited and full of life. 
         I know marriage is a two way street where both parties should be involved.  I find this not to be the case a lot.  I've talked to a few friends who are facing the same situation.  I feel as though marriage has a tendency of being a psychological game.  There seems to be an air of competitiveness in the relationship. 
         The other spouse has to be in charge, be better than the other, undermine abilities and decisions.  I don't understand where this attitude comes from.  I know I haven't been a perfect symbol of relational cohesion.  I do try and I'm working at it to bring the situation back to an even balance.  I can't stand that the relationship has cracked. 
         I want a peaceful, loving household that exudes excitement.  I don't want to look back twenty years from now still contemplating the same question.  I'm urging myself to find ways to bring back the bliss.  I want that balance so that the marriage doesn't tilt anymore.  I don't want the marriage to fade into a dusty existence.
         I will fight to maintain the effort that burns in me.  I'm determined to bring back the bliss. 

© Copyright 2013 NYPen (UN: nypen at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
NYPen has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/787859-Faded-bliss