*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788538-What-is-My-Favorite-type-of-music
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#788538 added August 9, 2013 at 9:45pm
Restrictions: None
What is My Favorite type of music?
The July 9, 2013 prompt "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
What is your favorite type of music?

What is my favorite type of music? The type I can hear! This isn't the expected answer, but that is the only way I can explain my favorite type of music because I like several different types, but I don't think I have a favorite. I grew up hearing gospel and country. For years those were my favorite, but then I begin listening to classical, jazz, and other types of music. I enjoy listening to all types of music, I even listen to gangster music; all though it isn't my favorite, but I will listen to it because I think a person should keep an open mind when it comes to music and the arts.

For me, music is a way to open the channels to my muse. If I just listen to one type of music then that encourages ruts and writer's block. I have enough difficulty with writer's block as it is without encouraging it by listening to a specific type of music. Music has a two fold purpose, first it is the language of the soul and second it reflects the age and the culture in which it was created. In order to understand a culture, an age in history, or a religion a person has to listen to its music. Music is a dynamic and every changing language, which reflects both the good and the evil in society.

Maybe it's the sound of the trumpet,
but when I hear Wynton Marsalis
I am mesmerized by the notes
caressing my mind.

I don't have a favorite type of music, but I do have favorite songs and favorite musical artist. Two of my favorites are Wynton Marsalis and other is Eric Clapton. I like so many songs and musicians that I can't name them all in one post, so I will close now with a musical video that expresses some of my feelings about music.



© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/788538-What-is-My-Favorite-type-of-music