*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789057-As-it-was--
by RICH
Rated: E · Book · Hobby/Craft · #1584786
Blogging, to take over the world.
#789057 added August 18, 2013 at 4:53am
Restrictions: None
As it was -
Notes to keep in mind ;

Him -

This is the sheepdog-thing who have featured in a previous few comments.
We went to the farm for a week's of forced labor. (More on this later.)

Apparently Him (the dog with no name) came to stay for a day, saw I was not there, and then he went home.

We came back on Tuesday this week and as always , went to get milk from his owner's dairy.
Him came running up to car, ever so happy to see us.
We have had to decide to ignore him, to show Him we do not care, not a scratch nor a kind word.
This is the worst kind of cruelty - to ignore one who begs for attention - then, what can one do ...

His 'friend', the Basset, is now under restraint, on a chain-run - till when - no one can say, possibly for life.
As he is a confirmed serial criminal - bred to hunt - and that is now his crime.
And still he calls me to come over, and I ignore him as well.
I wonder who is the low down cur now ?

The saga of the road ...

The long arm of the law is ever so slow, and yet, it moves, slow but sure.
I try not to be too optimistic, as things are really crazy, crazy as in unusual, strange, what the 'ell crazy.
Still I battle on, one trench at a time, one hill, one bridge, one more obstacle, the end is in sight ~
Time will tell ...

On forced labor:

When the kids reach the stage where hair have sprouted in the places where hair should be, the voice has broken, and shaving is a personal option, we call them men. That is now the male version of the specie.

In my case, the last born is in business with me.

This means; I try to get him to do all the work I used to do - - -
and he tries to do all the work he thought I did; which was to give orders.

With this situation where I am trying to get the hobby farm sold, he has a free, unhindered reign on the farm.

Something like the story about Robin Hood, when the King; Richard the Lion heart, went on the crusades.
In this case it is more 'Rich a la Chicken liver' Court Jester.

I got called back to the 'world' (farm) to allow them to take a much needed holiday and sort out other minor stuff such as taxes.

There I was for a week, slaving away, assisted by other son.

A change is as good as a holiday - so, there, I had a holiday as well.





© Copyright 2013 RICH (UN: j2rr at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
RICH has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789057-As-it-was--