*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789149-Sunday-in-Las-Vegas
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#789149 added August 18, 2013 at 10:27pm
Restrictions: None
Sunday in Las Vegas
It is Sunday, August 18, 2013. I have no prompts from any of the blog groups, so this is going to be an off the cuff (well it can't be off the cuff because my dress doesn't have cuffs). This morning start out bright and beautiful, without a cloud in the sky. At least, I don't remember there being any clouds this morning. Sometime in the afternoon the clouds began rolling. I think they came in from the west, but since I have no sense of direction they could have rolled in from the east.

All afternoon, we had flash flood warnings and wind. Then thunder and lightning followed by rain. The flash flood warnings are off and the wind is variable. Fortunately, we didn't have 30 mph winds, which means the dying pine tree in my front yard is still standing and its limbs are still attached. If the limbs remain on the tree tonight then I will be able to get out of my driveway tomorrow. That will be good because I have the Feast of Asmá’ (Names) to attend tomorrow evening. I also need to go to the store because I'm about out of dish washing detergent. The bottle of dish soap I have is almost empty, if I am lucky I can wash one more sink of dishes.

I tried something different today. I poured a jar of borsch over some celery and heated it in the microwave. All right, I know that you are supposed to eat borsch cold, but I wanted celery soup. The only way I could fix celery soup was pour the borsch over the cut up celery and heat it in the microwave. It takes celery a long time to cook; of course, I'm not sure that this is how to make celery soup because I've never made it before. The only time I've fixed this type of soup was to purchase it in a can. I think I like my method better because the borsch makes the celery taste good without having to add a lot of salt and spices.

Besides the Nineteen Day Feast on Monday evening, I have two more meetings to attend. At least, I have two meetings to attend if I can remember what they are, they are both group meetings. I know where they are being held, but I can't remember what they are called. All right, the first is my every third Wednesday grief counseling meeting and the other is an Alzheimer's care giver group meeting.

The Alzheimer's Memory Walk is coming up in September. I think that's all I can write about it without crying. I need to do some more research on the walk before I can write any more about it.

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789149-Sunday-in-Las-Vegas