*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789208-What-does-it-take-to-make-that-story-you-want
by brom21
Rated: E · Book · Philosophy · #1740118
I discus subjects from politics, philosophy, religion, entertainment and miscellaneous
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
#789208 added August 19, 2013 at 6:59pm
Restrictions: None
What does it take to make that story you want?
What does it take to make that story you want?

Like some writers, I rarely ever have a writer’s cramp. I’m the kind of writer that gets inspiration and content as I go along. Sometimes though I find that my story seems to go in its own direction and not after the way I had hoped it to. I find a general premise and a title that I want, and I go from there. But in the end it does not become that jewel I conceived it to be. Among other things, I find this to be the hardest. Sure I can describe my head off or pack my work full of vibrant dialog but the whole conglomeration is where I have problems. Allot of people choose to make outlines for their works. I have never done this; I probably should. One other method to stay in control of the course of your stories is to write after another’s premise. C.S. Lewis did this when he modeled his characters after Biblical content. To end this I suppose, that like everything, it just takes practice and a good sense of writing. Keep writing fellow dragons!
© Copyright 2013 brom21 (UN: ion_7 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
brom21 has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
<<< Previous · Entry List · Next >>>
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789208-What-does-it-take-to-make-that-story-you-want