*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789824-Hair-Color-and-Having-Fun
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#789824 added August 27, 2013 at 11:11am
Restrictions: None
Hair Color and Having Fun
The August 27, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
In the old days, it was said, "blondes had more fun". With all the color options available to men and women today do you still think that still applies or does another hair color win. Or do you think it doesn't really matter?

In my life my hair color has been nonexistent, strawberry blond, brunette, blonde, red, and gray. When I was born I was as bald as Yul Brynner, playing the King of Siam, in the King and I,1 When Mom realized I wasn't growing hair, the doctor gave her a prescription for shampoo. I don't know what was in it, but after Mom washed my head with it I began growing hair. My hair was a strawberry blond boardering on brown, which eventually turned brunette. As an adult, I decided I wanted to go blonde, which isn't a good idea for anyone with deep brown hair.

In order for me to become a blonde, I had to bleach the brown hair and then dye it blondw. A long and expensive process especially since I went to a beauty salon to have it done. When my hair begin to grow out, I had it dyed deep red another expensive and damaging process. After all the blonde and red grew out, I decided that the least expensive and damaging color was brown. I decided that if I was going to be blonde then I would have to wait until my hair turned gray. I decided to go back to brown until my hair started turning gray. My hair has begun turning gray, but I haven't yet had it dyed blonde, red, or any other color. My hair is still in the process of turning from brown to gray. I don't know if I will ever have my hair dyed again because both my mother and my grandmother had beautiful silvery gray hair in their over seventy years.

As for blondes having more fun, I suspect that idea had something to do with the "dumb blond" image. I've met numerous blonds, both natural and from a bottle, in my 66 years and none of them were dumb. I don't think blondes have any more fun the someone with red, brown, black, or no hair because having fun is a state of mind. If a person thinks he or she is having fun then that person is having fun. If a person isn't in the mood to have fun or feels like the activity isn't fun then that person isn't going to have fun. No matter what my hair color I could always find a way to have fun.

Quote of the Day: "People keep asking me if I am having more fun, being blonde, but I always have fun! Whether I'm blonde, redhead, or brunette! I always have fun." - Kelly Clarkson

Footnotes
1  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_King_and_I_(1956_film)


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/789824-Hair-Color-and-Having-Fun