*Magnify*
    March     ►
SMTWTFS
     
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
31
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790488-The-Three-Most-Important-Skills-for-Success
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#790488 added September 3, 2013 at 10:11am
Restrictions: None
The Three Most Important Skills for Success
The September 3, 2013 prompt for "Blogging Circle of Friends Prompt Forum is
Which three of these skills are the most important for success in life? Why?
Patience, common sense, humor, courage, creativity, resourcefulness, work ethic, organization, integrity, responsibility, compassion, self-control, pride, flexibility, obedience, love, kindness, independence, discernment, wisdom, initiative, friendliness or wit.

*Check* Patience
*Checkb* Creativity
*Checkg* Work Ethic

*Questionb*Why patience*Questionbl*

Patience is defined as "the capacity, habit, or fact of being patient".1 Patience is the ability to bear all sorts of inconveniences, difficulties, pain, tests, trials, etc. without complaining. Patience is tolerance. Patience is long-suffering. Patience is forbearance. Patience is sufferance. This attribute is important to success because difficulties and stoppages occur in every project, so when something does go wrong tolerant of the problems and it takes forbearance to continue.

If there were a photo of patience in the dictionary, it would be of my Grandfather Newland. He was the most patient and carrying man I have ever known. Grandpa focused on the long term and on the eventual outcome. He was raised on a farm and knew that crops take time to grow. He survived the dust bowl, so he knew that inconveniences and pain occurs with any project, but if you are persistent and patient eventually you will overcome.

*Questiong*Why creativity*Questiono*

Creativity is defined as "the quality of being creative" or "the ability to create".2 Creativity is important because when something does go wrong, as is inevitable, sometimes you have to make changes to achieve success. Creativity helps you find new ways to approach a project that is stalled for one reason or another.

*Questionp*Why work ethic*Questionr*

Work ethic is defined as "a belief in work as a moral good.3 An individual's work ethic is unique to that individual. Some individuals belief that work performed with the proper attitude is worship of God. Other individuals believe that work is a component of a well run society. Whatever the individual's work ethic it contributes to success of the individual and civilization.

Thought of the Day: "Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm." - Winston Churchill

Footnotes
1  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/patience
2  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/creativity
3  http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/work%20ethic


© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow Valentine (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow Valentine has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790488-The-Three-Most-Important-Skills-for-Success