*Magnify*
    April     ►
SMTWTFS
 
1
2
3
4
5
6
7
8
9
10
11
12
13
14
15
16
17
18
19
20
21
22
23
24
25
26
27
28
29
30
Archive RSS
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790658-A-Time-Traveling-Observer
Rated: 18+ · Book · Women's · #1268197
Drop by drop the snow pack dies, watering the arid lands below.
#790658 added September 5, 2013 at 11:08am
Restrictions: None
A Time Traveling Observer
WDC Birthday Blogging WEEK! The September 5, 2013 prompt for "30-Day Blogging Challenge ON HIATUS is
If you could travel either 113 years into to past OR into the future, which would you choose? (You are ONLY an observer, and cannot influence anything)

Would I rather travel back to 1900 AD or forward to 2126 AD? I have to admit I am tempted to chose 1900, if for no other reason then to observe my grandparents families and find out if something Mamma said was true. A year or so before Mom died, we were sitting in the living room and she started crying. I asked her why she was crying and she said that one of her grandfathers had ran away with a younger woman. I do not know which one of her grandfathers she was talking about or if what she said was true. If the incident was true, I do not know when it occurred. I suspect it occurred after 1921 (the year of my mother's birth), so going back to 1900 would not answer my question.

Would I rather travel back to 1900 AD or forward to 2126 AD? I would rather go forward to 2126 because I want to see how the world crises of today turned out. One hundred thirteen years should be enough time to see how the world peace process is coming along. By the year 2126 the present international conflicts should be solved or well on their way to being solved. Medical, scientific, and technological advancements should have solved a few of the problems we face today. The most important question I would like answered is "Has medical science found a cure for Alzheimer's disease?"

A time traveling observer
can choose the age of her adventure,
can choose to see the past or future,
can decide which questions she wants answered.

Thought of the Day: "I myself believe that there will one day be time travel because when we find that something isn't forbidden by the over-arching laws of physics we usually eventually find a technological way of doing it." - David Deutsch

© Copyright 2013 Prosperous Snow celebrating (UN: nfdarbe at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Prosperous Snow celebrating has granted Writing.Com, its affiliates and its syndicates non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/books/entry_id/790658-A-Time-Traveling-Observer